PDA

View Full Version : The old 'heart attack' fear...

secondtimelucky
16-12-12, 04:43
Can anyone offer some reassurance please?

Im 27 and have a fairly active lifestyle (including drinking occasionally) and go to the gym 3 times week either running or on the excercise bike, but because of the health anxiety I cant help feeling like i'm on the verge of a heart attack :(

While at the gym I can maintain a decent bpm between 145 and 160bpm at about 75-80% effort. However after a few pints (normally 6 or 7 a night, twice a week) I keep convincing myself im close to a heart attack/problem :( If my assumptions are correct, I wouldn't be able to excercise like this if my heart wasnt healthy...

Am I correct to think this?

Kez_miller
16-12-12, 05:23
Alcohol makes the heart work harder anyway...but as you are keeping your heart healthy by working out I would imagine that you have a healthy heart! However I'm not a DR nor am I an ECG machine! The only real way to determine the hearts health is by medical tests....also drinking 6-7 pints of beer twice a week is not going to help your anxiety in the slightest as proven by you thinking your having a heart attack after a few! Why don't you knock the booze on the head twice a week and find a other hobby like a competitive sport twice a week then save the drinking till special occasions or set a date once a month. What benefits does it really have anyway? To u especially and other anxiety sufferers? Most people drink to relax but if its making u feel more anxious what r u gaining except a couple pounds an empty wallet and a sore head the next day! Lol :)