PDA

View Full Version : Please help, chest/back pains and breathing

Orange Lightning
16-12-12, 04:44
This won't be a long message, I'm typing on a phone! I am now officially deathly scared of my symptoms. I just went to a duty doctor about my worries - palpatations,.chest tightness and pain, headrushes, jaw tightness and more. I got some reassurance and relaxed for the first time in a week, but only for half a day. Suddenly my symptoms have done a U Turn. My back is incredibly tight to the point it feels like it'll be pushed through my front, my head hurts, my chest is tighter than ever and worst of all I have pains in the centre of my chest between the ribs..! I've convinced myself that both myself and the doctor have overlooked something major; I can't sleep or slow down my breathing/HR at all.

Please please help. I honest and truly fear for my life.

BobbyDog
16-12-12, 08:15
I am sorry, but it sounds as though your doctor is right, these seem to be the symptoms of a panic attack. I get this most days. Of course if you are not convinced, pay your doctor another visit to rule out anything else. The more you worry about it the worse it will get. Try doing relaxed breathing exercises or relaxation/hypnotherapy cd.

All the best.

Orange Lightning
16-12-12, 13:31
Thank you,.I had a go at taking my mind off iylt all. Unfortunatly I'm now very scared about my very weak heartbeat. I'm still tight and short of breath, but has my anxiety overworked my heart?!

BobbyDog
16-12-12, 16:51
Thank you,.I had a go at taking my mind off iylt all. Unfortunatly I'm now very scared about my very weak heartbeat. I'm still tight and short of breath, but has my anxiety overworked my heart?!

I'm not a professional, but I have been having panic attacks regularly for 18 years now and my heart is fine.