PDA

View Full Version : Double beats...worried

hunny
24-08-06, 10:30
Hiya

I have been having missed beats/fluttery feelng for a while,but,last night i woke up sweating and my heart was beating really hard.

I felt my pulse in my neck and it did a weird double beat thing?
Does anyone know what this is?,im really worried

Hunny x

polly daydream
24-08-06, 11:33
Hi Hunny, it sounds like an eptopic beat which apparently is quite normal, they feel like a missed beat or thud in the chest, because they have originated in the wrong part of the heart instead of the sinoatrial node, which normally regulates the heart beat. This makes the sequence of the electrical currents go out of order, almost everyone will experience them once in a while. Do you drink lots of caffeine as this can bring them on along with stress and alcohol. Us anxiety sufferers me included get these quite alot. They are not dangerous.

If you need your mind putting at rest, you can always see your dr just for reassurance.
hope this helps.

Take care,

Polly

**whenwillthisend**
24-08-06, 12:03
hi hunny i know what you mean with the double beat..ive had this before in times of panic, when your heart is beating fast...i think they are similar to an ectopic, its just the result of stress causing erratic beating its passes and wont hurt you...
when do you get the holter moniter fitted?
that should put your mind at rest about your heart
take care

jodie
24-08-06, 13:48
hi hunny

yes i to get these funny heart beats iv had them for 7 years now and get them every day .
iv had ecg and 24 hour monitor done they seen them happen but sead i was fine and that they did no harm .i have talked to lots of people on this site about it and everone has sead the more you think about them and stress over it the more they happen .
i fine if i drink plenty of water and get the right sleep it helps
try not to get worried over them lots of people get them .
jodie