PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Bones19
16-12-12, 13:21
Hi,

I am 28 years old, female, and currently going through (yet) another bout of anxiety attacks/panic :mad:

I have always been an anxious person but it slowly got better as I got older and put myself 'out there.'

I did a degree in Psychology and am now 6 months away from qualifying as a medical doctor (yes I have done 2 degrees- glutton for punishment).

Over the years I have had several episodes of depression/anxiety and needed time out from uni and have been on citalopram and fluoxetine. I was doing pretty well this year so came off the fluoxetine very slowly but then last week experienced massive panic attack :scared15: whilst on placement and was told to take the last week off and am now on xmas hols- which should be great but now I feel like 'what the hell just happened' :huh:

I've started back on the prozac and have used a couple of doses of diazepam but am finding that it is not as effective as it used to be and I'm terrified of addiction, so am trying valerian root instead, whether or not its helping I am yet to decide!!

Feeling constantly anxious/agitated with the sporadic waves of panic at the moment, I know that it will pass with time but I can't help feeling scared that its back and I am worried that it will take a long time to go and I won't manage next term...

I found this forum and thought it would be nice to join, read other people's stories and maybe even offer some words of support where I can.

Bones xxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
16-12-12, 13:32
Hi Bones19

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Sparkle1984
16-12-12, 13:52
Welcome to the forums. I'm sure you'll find plenty of support here, as I certainly have. :)

I think it is good that you are taking time out of uni; hopefully you will feel better in the new year.

Baggs
16-12-12, 15:47
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Mark13
16-12-12, 18:20
Hi Bones

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find it supportive and informative.

Mark