PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who can answer now??

LilysMummy
16-12-12, 14:44
Hello so I'm currently sat in the out of hours doctors because of yet a other problem which I'm hoping turns out to be anxiety!! I've been taking propranolol for 4 days 8mg one a day! Today I've been having hot flushes which seen to have passed now but sitting in here it's absolutely packed and I keep feel the panic coming again ( head goes weird, dizzy. Chest feels tight) some one please reassure me I'm going out of my mind!! X

nomorepanic
16-12-12, 14:51
Try and slow your breathing down as that will calm the dizziness. Do slow breathes in and out through your nose.

Baggs
16-12-12, 15:44
I'm no doctor but it is most likely anxiety. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

NicoleNYC
17-12-12, 17:16
It's definitly anxiety. I'm actually having it really bad at work right now. I'm all over the place. Can't focus and a bnervous wreck.

We get through it.

My husband is zero help to me. I wish he would understand but, he doesn't. He makes me worse sometimes.....

How do you handle this when it's really bad?

BlueNowhere
17-12-12, 21:44
My husband is zero help to me. I wish he would understand but, he doesn't. He makes me worse sometimes.....

I get that from my girlfriend, sometimes she's all "please, what can I do to help" and it's all I can do not to tell her to shut up and let me stop thinking about it. She does try really hard to help though.

LilysMummy, sorry if this is too late, hope you're better now. Propranolol should be taking care of those physiological effects (sweating, dizziness) which I find helps me with catch my breath and refocus. But 8mg seems like a tiny dose, obviously your doctor has made the decision, but I take 20mg and a friend of mine takes 40mg. Though I take it on an as needed basis, not on a daily basis, I wonder if low-dose habitual intake gradually decreases those unpleasant physiological symptoms.

Hope things are better