PDA

View Full Version : scared i have mouth cancer

mrs way to worried
16-12-12, 15:47
ill make this as quick as possible , in each cheeck at the back you have a salivary gland you can feel it if you put a thumb either side of the cheek my worry is the one on my right side is quite large like marble size sometimes it swells bigger now i have been worried about it for a few years i have blood tests every 6 months i always have low iorn but no explanation why and i know normally mouth cancer goes undetected for years thats y im scared , my cheek aches when i eat and i have constandt jaw pain on that side and neck and shoulder pain ,in the years ive worried about it ive had an mri to check my throat nothing was mentioned about my cheek so maybe they didnt check and ive had an xray for my wisdom teeth again nothing was mentioned but again they prob didnt look , i have dry mouth alot and get alot of mouth ulcers only on that side ,i dont have a dentist so cant ask them and doctors just use the its just ur anxiety without even checking the lump for me advice please x

mrs way to worried
18-12-12, 18:58
can anyone help me please

Annie0904
18-12-12, 19:04
If you have been worried about it for years then I am sure it is nothing serious. Dentists can usually see the signs if they look in your mouth and I am sure the doctor would also.

mrs way to worried
18-12-12, 21:39
I don't have a dentist and my doctor won't look at it they just go straight on file and see anxiety my worry is that mouth cancer is normally found for years and by which point its to late :(

Annie0904
18-12-12, 22:11
I know someone who had mouth cancer and he has had an operation, believe me you would know about it by now. If you want reassurance maybe you should go to a dentist.

shanna
18-12-12, 22:24
Hi

You have to remember when someone has health anxiety all reason goes out the window. You do not have mouth cancer you would have known well before now. Try and relax. I know exactly how you feel.

Take care and try and think positive its just your anxiety taking over.

Hypo
18-12-12, 22:34
You don't have mouth cancer.

I had a mouth cancer fear and I thought I had lumps which turned out to be normal. My right side is more lumpy than my left. I also get swollen gum where my wisdom tooth is stuck and that feels like a marble right at the back.

If you have had this for years then you would be dead by now if it was cancer :)

Stephmck82
02-05-19, 12:37
ill make this as quick as possible , in each cheeck at the back you have a salivary gland you can feel it if you put a thumb either side of the cheek my worry is the one on my right side is quite large like marble size sometimes it swells bigger now i have been worried about it for a few years i have blood tests every 6 months i always have low iorn but no explanation why and i know normally mouth cancer goes undetected for years thats y im scared , my cheek aches when i eat and i have constandt jaw pain on that side and neck and shoulder pain ,in the years ive worried about it ive had an mri to check my throat nothing was mentioned about my cheek so maybe they didnt check and ive had an xray for my wisdom teeth again nothing was mentioned but again they prob didnt look , i have dry mouth alot and get alot of mouth ulcers only on that side ,i dont have a dentist so cant ask them and doctors just use the its just ur anxiety without even checking the lump for me advice please x
I have exactly the same symptoms plus a weird throat sensation like its closing. What was the outcome of your issue?

Fishmanpa
02-05-19, 12:48
This is an old thread. The OP hasn't been on since 2013. I would safely assume as with 99.99% of the fears here, all turned out well.

Positive thoughts