PDA

View Full Version : what could this be?

Hypo
16-12-12, 16:07
I had a spot right on my hair line. It hasn't gone and there is a dark dot where my hair seems to be growing out of it?

It's pinky red, spot shaped and sized.

I am worried it's skin cancer and I don't know if I can see my GP any more this week :(

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

ack im having a right panic attack here.

It's quite like a tiny bubble.

Kez_miller
16-12-12, 16:22
Sounds like small boil I get them all the time and the can leave scars/marks after they have gone! Cancers usually get bigger not smaller and bleed quite a bit

Hypo
16-12-12, 16:29
Don't boils have white heads? there is a tiny dot but that is dark.

It does look like it has fluid in it. I am not sure if its a mole or what.. it looks too fluidy to be a mole though.

I can't stop crying over this. I really want to go see my GP but he might be mad at me. I could leave it to see what happens after xmas but then it will ruin my xmas.

Thank you for replying.

kittyhan
16-12-12, 16:36
It sounds like an ingrown hair Hypo. I had the same thing you described on my arm not so long ago. Is it quite painful?

Hypo
16-12-12, 16:43
It's not painful now, but when it first appeared it was so I thought it was a spot as I always get them in my hair line.

I can't stop panicking. My husband is losing his patience with me. The dot def has a hair growing out of it and it is fluidy looking.

kittyhan
16-12-12, 16:46
It definitely sounds like an ingrown hair Hypo. That sounds exactly like the thing I had on my arm, I eventually popped it and I have a wee scar left from where it was. Maybe to put your mind at ease go and visit your out of hour gp :)

Hypo
16-12-12, 19:30
My husband said he can't see the hair but the thing is very red.

I hate my life today.

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

maybe I should take a pic?

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

I have to try to get seen before Xmas.

I want to ask for some help with some meds that will help me instantly with panic while I am waiting for my new meds to kick in over the christmas period. I will mention my spot then. I doubt I will get seen so may have to go to the walk in clinic.

If my GP hasn't told them to ban me lol

Anxious_gal
16-12-12, 20:18
Maybe the hair follicle got infected. You can get those anywhere.
I know some people pop them or rip out the hair, but maybe add some tea tree oil to your shampoo :)

Hypo
16-12-12, 22:23
I picked it and got watery blood :blush:

Anxious_gal
17-12-12, 00:26
Rinse it with salt water or antiseptic :)
Honestly it's not as bad as you think it.
I know it looks and feels scary but it's very comon.
People get ingrown hairs, cysts, boils, pimples.
It's just a localised infection :) the infection is teeny tiny in a small area ,
But if by chance it doesn't heal you can see your doctor.

Hypo
17-12-12, 08:20
It has scabbed where I picked the head off.

I don't know if that is good news or not LOL

Thank you Anxious girl xx I really appreciate your help.