PDA

View Full Version : Feeling stupid.....

angelvickie
24-08-06, 11:44
Hi all,

Im feeling a bit stupid today. Its the 5th anniversary of my car accident...which was the day that changed my life completely. It means alot to me 2day because ive always sat here and said...I'll be better b4 it gets to 5years.

I know its not good thinking about the date etc but I cant help it. Ive spent the last few years thinking about today...hoping I'd be better.

Now I feel stupid because everyone else around me....they dont really get what today means to me...so Im trying not to talk about it but sitting here....its all I can think about.

I was going to go back to where I had the accident today...hoping to maybe get closure from it....but due to the feelings of panic & anxiety already creeping up on me...I decided it wasnt such a good idea.

Sometimes I just wish the ones close to me could understand & especially today.

Hope ur all ok

Vickie xx

Paddington
24-08-06, 12:41
OhVickie,that is awful,dont feel alone with this hun.Weare all here to support you,You must feel overwhelmed with it all today!I had a five year anniversary thing this year so i know where you are coming from,Stop beating yourself up too!It is not good to visit the past unless you are the type to get closure from it,I know it does not help me ,looking back.So look forward hun,that is what cracked it for me!If you want to talk i am here any time,Just wanted t to know i am thinkin of you and you are not alone.love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

May Day
24-08-06, 21:48
Hi Vickie

It's only natural that you should remember the date of something so traumatic, but maryrose is right, it sometimes does little good to look back. Setting yourself a time limit to feel better isn't a good thing because as you've found out, it has taken longer than expected and in some way you feel you've let yourself down. You're still here and still looking for answers which means you haven't given up and that's the important thing.

Forget any kind of time limit, take each day as it comes. Set yourself small achievable targets. The steps forward you take may seem small and insignificant and somedays you'll feel like you've taken a step backwards too, but accept them all, reset your targets and go forwards again. If you do this, one day you'll look back and see that you've got further than you thought. It's very often a hard thing for people to really understand what you've been through unless they have been through something similar so don't expect too much, but try talking again to the people closest to you. Maybe you could find a different angle to approach it from.

Take care

May

The brightest, sunniest day may follow the darkest, stormiest night

nomorepanic
24-08-06, 21:52
Hey there

I remember my car accident too and that was the start of some major panic for me even though I did suffer before that brought it all to a head.

Nowadays I try not to think about it as I have moved on and I can't change the past.

What happened has happened and we have to look forward not back.

Nicola

angelvickie
25-08-06, 15:50
Thankyou....managed to get through yesterday. I think its been worse recently because everythings been getting on top of me so much that Ive been losing weight etc and been back to the doctors alot.

I try not dwelling on the past...but as you all probably know...sometimes you just cant help thinking about it. Woke up today feeling sick and a bit upset but....going to try cheering myself up.

Hope you are all ok & thankyou for the messages

Vickie x

nomorepanic
25-08-06, 21:35
Vickie

Oh yes I agree totally. Sometimes I find myself looking back and have to tell myself to stop it lol.

Hope you feel better over the weekend and it doesn't upset you so much then.

Nicola