PDA

View Full Version : Contemplating switching from Sertraline to Venlafaxine

Georg
16-12-12, 18:05
Hi

Sertraline did wonders for me when I switched from Citalopram to it back in 2009. This year I tried to stop them back in july, but only lasted a week, once I restarted I got my horrible anxiety back. I've been on 100mg for 2 months now and another 2 weeks on 125mg.

I have had some good days, but they are very rare. What I struggle with is horrible horrible leg pain in my right leg, its driving me crazy, havent been able to work since july :(

I am at my witz end, Im wondering if I should give Venlafaxine a go instead, but Im a bit worried after reading scare stories of this med, also there is no real chance it will help me with the leg pain side effect is there?

Im going to my GP on monday and ask for his advice. I do see a p.doc as well and he have mentioned effexor, but wanted to give Zoloft a bit more time, but I dont have an appointment with him before 8th january, and right now I just want to be able to get through christmas ok. I keep thinking it cant get any worse than it is now, so I really want to give it a shot.

I've read some post, I should expect to feel less anxiety, but a flat depressed feeling for at least 2 weeks (the zombie feeling). For me that sounds fine, as long as my anxiety and hopefully the leg pain subside some I can handle feeling spaced out for 2 weeks.

Any advice from those having switched from an SSRI to Ven?

I suffer from health anxiety btw.