PDA

View Full Version : lots of new worries after a holiday =[

lo89
16-12-12, 19:38
Argh, I am so annoyed at myself!
I am just home from a nice week in the sun, nearly had a panic attack on both flights as I hate flying (I am convinced the plane is going to crash ...) - I am never THAT bad on a plane usually!
Aside from that, I have quite a lot of bug bites - one on my foot, two on my leg, one on my back, one on my neck, three on one arm and one on the other.
I also have got quite a bad cough - it seems quite dry but sometimes can be productive also.
My main worry is that the lymph node on the back of my neck which I have been worrying about for roughly a month has grown quite a bit and has become somewhat harder. It was painless until a few days ago, then it became really tender and made my whole neck stiffen. I was totally anxiety free at this point, so it was the node that caused the pain rather than worrying about the node.
The pain has died down slightly, although it is still mildly tender to touch. I initially thought it might be a bug bite but it is not attached to my skin and doesn't itch at all, so it isn't a bite. It may have got very slightly smaller, but is still definitely there and definitely swollen and hard.
My boyfriend (who usually calms me down) said 'dont worry about it until you get home' which has made me think that it is worth worrying about =[ he also told me to phone a doctor, which he never does. My mum seemed slightly concerned also.
Does anyone have any experiences like this? I feel so bad for putting a downer on our trip =[

rated_r90
16-12-12, 21:44
Sounds like the lymph node has swollen in response to the bug bites, which is exactly what it is supposed to do. If it has gotten even slightly smaller, then it isn't cancer. Cancer never shrinks, it only gets bigger.

You've been doing really well with your anxiety lately, so don't ruin it for yourself! I'm sure that you're fine. If the node is still bothering you in a couple of weeks, then go to a doctor for reassurance. You'll probably have forgotten about it by then though!

Take care XXX