PDA

View Full Version : Terrified ill loose my mum tonight

Em.ma
16-12-12, 21:27
She just got up from sitting down and her leg went completely dead and she says its hurting and lipping on it and can feel nothing in her leg at all really scared shell have a clot or a stroke for some reason

macc noodle
16-12-12, 21:30
Emma

She won't have either of those - she will just have been sitting too long in a position that has caused the numbness.

Macc Noodle

rated_r90
16-12-12, 21:32
Em.ma, you are too young to have all these worries! When you feel anxiety taking over, distract yourself as best you can. Tell yourself that you won't allow anxiety to do this to you again. Breathe in and out slowly and don't let it control you. Anxiety is not in charge of your life, you are! We worry so much about something bad potentially happening, that we stop living. It is a self-destructive cycle that only we ourselves can change.

Your Mum is fine, so are you. Live your life!

Good luck XXX

Em.ma
16-12-12, 21:42
Thank you deep down I knew she was fine just had an omg moment like I seem to do all the time bloody damn stupid brain
. I don't know why I panic post on here there's nothing anyone else can do to help me now I'm way way beyond that I'm just in a self destructive cycle.
Also convinced my self I have lung cancer or will have an asthma attack I've never been diagonised with asthma but did have a puffer when I had a cold as a child. Every time I have a drink and swallow I cough and get a tickle in throat
Also when I breathe in get a tickle in throat really terrified I will die I do not have a cold I feel fine. I did have a cold three weeks ago though or so but this isnt related

rated_r90
16-12-12, 21:50
I also get that tickle in the throat feeling and have never worried about it. It tends to happen after I've had a cold and/or in the cold weather. I have a pretty low lung capacity, so as soon as I get a cold on my chest I need an inhaler. I've never died from it though! You are just a young girl, no way do you have lung cancer. Just the remnants of a cold. So many minor bugs going around at this time of year as well.

Please don't worry about this, you are fine! Focusing on it just makes it worse also. Try to think of some positive things that you are looking forward to and be happy! As a fellow anxiety sufferer I know it's tough, but life is for living and we should make the most of it where possible.

Anxious_gal
17-12-12, 02:45
You're not beyond help!! With the right help you can improve :) we all can.
You'll have good and bad days.
You just have a tickle in your throat we all get that sometimes.
Just because you can see bad things happening it does not mean that they will happen.

Em.ma
19-12-12, 19:24
Oh just checked back on these posts didn't realise people has replied haha thank you guys x
One last

Regarding this I work in a bulding made of astebos so bit worried its because of this as its still happening the coughing when breathing in and taking a sip of a drink not all thr time but sometimes get a ticke in throat when breathing in

Obviously have breathes in some dust when I swep the floors at the work it has been known to go all up in my face out of my carelessness
Could this be related?

rated_r90
19-12-12, 19:44
I'm really not an expert on asbestos, but I believe that it is chronic exposure to asbestos over a long period of time that can do damage to the respiratory system. The amount you have breathed in will be very minimal, so I highly doubt any damage has been caused.

The sensations you feel (i.e. tickle in the throat when breathing/swallowing) will probably be a combination of the cold you had a few weeks ago lingering in your system and mainly because...you are worrying about it! If you stop thinking and obsessing over it, you probably won't even feel it anymore. I know from experience that when I am worrying and persistently thinking about symptoms, they always seem so much worse than they really are.

Try to relax as best you can and I'm sure your symptoms will improve.

Em.ma
19-12-12, 20:49
Thank you I don't even know of I've breathed in any people have worked their years and years over 28 years and are still fine. Just got a tickly throat every lol

Dan21
19-12-12, 21:09
Hi Emma.

Like rated, I'm no expert but I think the problem comes when asbestos is broken up and the fibres are in the air for a long time. As long as the building is still standing (I'm guessing it is) there shouldn't be an issue.

Em.ma
19-12-12, 21:36
Thanks I've convinced my self I have it and now terrified to sleep etc its so weird. The buildings fine haha but all these symptoms ?

Em.ma
22-12-12, 20:20
Still very worried tickly throat and a slight slight cough had a mild cold three weeks ago and that went but thr tickly throat is worse this evening.
I'm now thinking lung cancer etc etc

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

It can't be another cold and even though been having these symptoms for weeks they got better now tonight feels slightly worse but I'm fine I don't have a cold at all I would know if I did

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

Terrified ill stop breathing I don't see how this can be a cold.
I had a minor one slight cough slight runny nose but felt fine didn't feel terrible at all . That went then all these symptoms but the tickle in throat is bad today and coughing slightly more due to it is this a sign of cancer or asbertos. I'm terrified I have cancer

rated_r90
22-12-12, 20:32
Emma, you are fine! You're only getting these symptoms because you are constantly thinking and worrying about them. That is classic HA! The only way to stop getting these symptoms is to stop obsessively focussing so much on them and reduce your anxiety. If you can't do that on your own, you must seek professional help through your GP as soon as possible. You can then start getting your life back on track.

Em.ma
22-12-12, 21:32
These last few hours its turned into an actual cough I think
However u feel fine normal no other symptoms I'd no if it was a cold.
Can a cough be anxiety? :s I don't think it can lol

rated_r90
22-12-12, 21:50
It's December 22nd and you live in the United Kingdom. It'd be more strange if you didn't have a cough! Seriously, EVERYONE gets a cough and cold at this time of year (myself included!). I started coughing about 2 weeks ago (had no other symptoms to start with) and ended up with a minor cold that has just gone over the past few days. The vast majority of people just accept that coughs and cold happen in the winter, because they know it is nothing serious to worry about.

Whether is a symptom is directly caused by anxiety or not (anxiety can cause virtually anything!), it will always seem so much worse when you are obsessively worrying about it. Please, for your own sake, stop worrying about it. It is nothing!

Em.ma
22-12-12, 23:03
Ok :( thank u.
I don't get why though had that minor minor cold a few weeks ago got better and now this comes on? It was thr smallest cold I felt fine all thorough it and felt normal as anything
I really don't feel ill at all and that's what confuses me as I would know if I had a cold and I just don't just this tingly cough which has started the last few hours . I can't get this 3 weeks from each other? How is it even possible . The last few days the it has been their but nothing bad. I can't have a drink without coughing on each swallow the last few days but that's the only time I has been coughing up until today
I'm really confused and can't get lung cancer or astebetos out my head .
I'm sorry I just really hate being so anxious all the time and really need a referral to cbt .

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:46 ----------

I can't go to bed or even get ready for bed out of fear of this

Em.ma
23-12-12, 04:34
3rd virus in two months ffs!!
If it is that. It's just a cough but feel fine nothing else don't feel Ill which I don't get and it started with coughing when drinking fluids over the last few days and a slight tickle every now and then ?

---------- Post added at 04:34 ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 ----------

Also as my immune systems a piece of rubbish literally had something few weeks ago to it makes me think my body will struggle to fight a cold off and be more suspectable to pneumonia etc etc.

Em.ma
23-12-12, 10:08
I don't see how I can have two colds in three weeks and now I'm worrying about chest infections affecting my lungs pneumonia etc as. My immunity is bad and I can't fight off this !

Justinf
23-12-12, 10:30
I don't see how I can have two colds in three weeks and now I'm worrying about chest infections affecting my lungs pneumonia etc as. My immunity is bad and I can't fight off this !
It's probably the same cold but keeps coming back because your immune system is low because of your worrying.
Please, stop worrying about this.

Em.ma
23-12-12, 10:54
Thanks I'm just so terrified as my immunity is low so,etching will happen because I can't fight it off. Like children who die of the flu due to low immunity. :/
I can't stop the cycle.

Justinf
23-12-12, 11:17
Thanks I'm just so terrified as my immunity is low so,etching will happen because I can't fight it off. Like children who die of the flu due to low immunity. :/
I can't stop the cycle.
Except you aren't a child or elderly.
I will swap you your cold and cold weather for the 40 degrees we had here today anytime.
You'll be fine.

Em.ma
23-12-12, 20:10
I think I would to! I don't like hot weather at all lol

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

2013 can not be another year like this for me. I WILL see my gp in thr new year. I will demand to be referred for cbt I can't let my self suffer another year of this stress and anxiety.
My job is quite stressful though not anxious but theirs pressure on me to get things right keep up etc etc which is stressful cam that cause more colds? Etc.

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

Just drinking loads of fluids and relaxing maybe have a paracetamol my head hurts a bit. It scared me when my parents mentioned u catch a cold every other week! Even though I feel fairly calm I always get the racing heart (anxiety) shallow breathing (anxiety) I know it's anxiety but I want rid of those feelings so I don't catch another cold from being run down!

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

My body temp is also up the wall I feel absolutely baking hot. In just a top and shorts as well .
I'm sweating to death it feels like I really don't feel great at all.

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

Now I'm freezing cold lol!
Also when I washed my hair or touch it my head isa very very sore to touch

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

Even the smell of food made me gag.

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

My mother said I should go and get my chest checked out! What does that mean I Know I had an inhaler when a child only when I had a cough though having used one for years and years. My bedroom walls are also very very wet feeling and cold to

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

It's all in my chest and killing me to cough it's so sharp when I cough like a razor blade scraping the inside of my lungs
I hate chesty colds rather have a head cold they make me worry less

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

There's nothing anyone can say to help me and I know that inside really I just hate feeling run down
It's like a cycle
You want to feel better so you try to stop being anxious but then you get physical symptoms which stop that from happening :(
Defiantly need to see the doctor not necessarily for this cough but for everything can't carry on at the moment I just give up on life really

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

Worked it out its nit in two months I've had three colds in a month! The first one started nov 24ish

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

I thinkin gong to vomit as well I can't get out of bed the most energy I hav is typing on my phone my head is baking aswell not feeling great. Called mum from downstairs to get some ibrofuen as I have no energy and begged her to carry me to the toilet everything hurts

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

My profile photo is a photo I just took I feel really bad

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Took the pills but scared ill stop breathing
Just had a really dodgy breath struggled to breath out and now it's gone all erratic I can breathe properly

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

Last thing what if if is the start of whooping cough? I've heard that's on the rise again

Lost2010
23-12-12, 21:02
Hey Em.ma,

Sorry you're feeling so rough :hugs:I know it's easy for me to say but getting stressed is probably going to make you feel even worse. Sounds like you have a bad cold, flu or a virus. Not very nice but generally not dangerous at all. Try and keep drinking and rest as much as possible. Honestly, two or three colds in as many months isn't normally a big concern at all. As far as I know, anxiety can lower our immunity but only to non-threatening things. Although you may be run down and stuggle to get rid of coughs and colds it doesn't mean there's anything seriously wrong.

Before you start your CBT next year why not ask your Doctor to do a thorough medical to put your mind at rest? That why you can start the therapy knowing there's nothing physically wrong. Hope you feel better soon.

Em.ma
24-12-12, 20:57
Thank you.
Today the cough has been horrendous I have got out of bed for drink and the toilet and not for much else at all to be honest.
This is my third cold since about November 21st-25th sort of time so one month= three colds for me normal? Or abnormal I'm terrified of pneumonia or fluid around the lungs etc etc
I can't see how my body can fight it off if I can catch them so easily!
I'm no doctor but surely that'd correct ?
I want my heart checked by my doc my immune system etc i just want a full medical like to have suggested but because of money I doubt they will do that they will tell me the same damn thing that its all in my head without even blinking twice they never listen! How can they pretend everything is anxiety just because I have anxiety.
I want my heart checked after listening to dad and NANs Convo about lots of our family dying of heart attacks!

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

Also my Mums had a cough now for over a month she never had a cold with it though its just a cough and I'm terrified she has lung cancer she's a smoker and has asthma she has been coughing on and off for the last few months though

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

I just can't stop coughing :(

rated_r90
24-12-12, 21:29
I have spoken to several people over the past week who all have coughs and colds, some of which are lasting weeks and require antibiotics. I have also had a cough and cold over the past couple of weeks. It's totally normal! Especially at this time of year, these things go around unfortunately.

Chronic stress weakens the immune system and makes you more vulnerable to picking up minor infections and viruses. It doesn't mean that you're doing to develop a life threatening illness, it just makes it more difficult for your body to fight off minor things like coughs and colds. If you stop stressing and worrying about every little thing, you will notice a marked improvement in your overall health.

Try to relax and enjoy Christmas!

Em.ma
25-12-12, 21:06
Hello hope uve had a good day finally accepted it as a cold I think !! Feeling ill but more relaxed

rated_r90
25-12-12, 21:27
Hello hope uve had a good day finally accepted it as a cold I think !! Feeling ill but more relaxed

I'm really pleased to hear that you're more relaxed! It is just a cold and will go when it's ready. I've had a very nice Christmas Day thank you. I'm looking forward to making 2013 a much better year and I hope you do the same.

Em.ma
25-12-12, 23:02
Yer mine wasn't bad enough couldn't stomach breaky but ate dinner.
Our bodies truly are amazin really the amount of wear and tear they take the amount of stress and it stills going strong

Em.ma
26-12-12, 15:41
Worried about mum today.
Her cough is horrendous she smokes and is asthmatic but the cough sounds evil a lot worse than mine was I guess because my lungs are not full or tar and are healthy! It's so worrying to listen to though fear she will have an asthma attack silly women doesn't think she needs her pump she does !

Em.ma
26-12-12, 22:23
And my 78 year old nana has it to ! :( really didn't want her to get it :(