PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Left Arm Pain

lilo10191
16-12-12, 21:55
Having pain all around the top of my left arm and shoulder. Its an ache more than anything, arm feels like a nerve is being squeezed also my hands occasionally feel tingly and they feel ice cold. Really worried, thought these things only happened when ur having an anxiety attack?? Im not having an anxiety attack

malibupete
16-12-12, 22:22
You have my sympathies - I've been suffering from left arm pain for quite some time, and it seems to be getting worse.

Mine usually feels like it's in one particular spot, but the spot varies; the knowledge that it's pinpointed and the area feels tender to touch is the only thing that stops me from completely freaking out, as I've read that's unlikely to be heart-related. It does sometimes make the arm cold, though, and that's scary.

Because I want to make sure it's localised and I can replicate the pain by pressing on the area, I do this pretty much every time I have a pain there (They only last for a minute or two), and that of course makes things worse...

I've also been getting jaw pains on my left hand side, mostly just below my ear and on my upper teeth. But they don't seem to occur at the same time as the arm pains - certainly I don't feel like the pain is connected in any way. Nevertheless, add it to the worry list!

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but I've been lurking and thinking of signing up to post about this for some time. I hope yours feels better soon.

Sammy J
16-12-12, 23:38
I have this and am currently undergoing physio for it as apparently it's coming from a neck problem and bad posture. At times it's been horrendous... left arm pain, shoulder pain etc and also really bad pain in my left hand and pins and needles.

It could be some kind of nerve entrapment too, this was how my neck problems started last year as I had tingling in the left side of my face and numb (left) fingers?

Hope this is of help.

Sam :)

lilo10191
16-12-12, 23:56
Thankyou much 4 ur replies. Has definatly helped :-D