PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Medication?

Kez_miller
17-12-12, 00:37
Hi i was just wondering if anyone knows of any medication out there for this anxiety/depression etc...that does not make psychological ailments worse to start with like Citalopram...i can literally deal with a week or two of being sick and feeling like i have the flu or something, thats fine, what i can't deal with though is the racing thoughts, the increased anxiety and all the other mental health issues being made worse....im such an anxious person, constantly worrying about my health always getting the physical symptoms because of anxiety and my muscles are that tight because of it, its causing me pain...i did try Citalopram but with in hours i started having racing suicidal thoughts and depersonalisation which wrote me off big time for about a week or more....but as i say i can battle through the sickness etc....

nomorepanic
17-12-12, 00:39
Have you tried some sort of therapy rather than medication?

Kez_miller
17-12-12, 00:44
Sort of i have tried a couple of sessions of NLP but that did not seem to be working and i felt like i was waisting my money because basically i was learning nothing, although i have an appointment with a Psychiatrist on jan 7th im not sure whether it is CBT (as i hear that is very helpful) or just a plain old shrink....sorry if CBT is just that im very un clued up on the therapy side of things...although i have been listening to self help hypnosis videos on youtube and they really help for an hour or so after but then my mind kicks back into "silly mode"

Mark13
17-12-12, 00:48
Maybe SSRIs don't suit you. I wasn't suicidal but I couldn't bear some of the side effects (fluoxetine, citalopram and fluvoxamine).

I found Trazodone to be OK side-effect wise, but it stopped me sleeping, which is a major feature of my anxiety so I stopped it.

Currently on Mirtazapine and Pregabalin (for GAD though) both of which are tolerable for me.

Everyone's different of course, Mirtazapine really made my depressed wife bad, but she gets on well with SSRIs.