PDA

View Full Version : Am I being silly?

Skittlecat
17-12-12, 08:56
I am ashamed to admit that I drank far too much on Friday night/Saturday morning without realising and as a result had a fall into our bath. As you can imagine I was in quite some pain which was only to be expected from doing something so foolish but what has me worried is the large bump on my head.

I can't remember falling in - only suddenly being there - and I put the headache and sickness down to a hangover but it's now Monday morning and the headache and sickness are still there and my head aches as though I have been hit with a concrete sledge hammer. I have felt quite dazed since including this morning and I am beginning to think it's possible that I might have gave myself a concussion when I fell.

This has then led on to me thinking that what if I have done something more serious that might kill me because I didn't seek medical attention when it first happened? I'm really scared now. :ohmy:

I know I have a problem with over thinking which I think is largely down to my issues with anxiety so I was just wondering if it's possible I'm just overthinking this or does anyone think I should get straight to the doctor or even A&E?

vitabelle
17-12-12, 09:00
It's probably nothing to worry about a mixture of alcohol banging your head and anxiety could be causing the headache, which you are now thinking about which may make it seem worse. But if you are that worried there is no harm calling your doctor, you could even ask over the phone and see what they say, at least you can put your mind t rest. X

Skittlecat
17-12-12, 09:42
Thanks Vitabelle, I'll give them a call on lunch. :)

I was just worried whether or not I should as I don't want to unnecessarily waste their time but if I can tell them over the phone I guess it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

vitabelle
17-12-12, 09:45
Usually if you call in the morning they can arrange for a doctor to call you back at some point today. That's what they are there for so don't feel like your wasting their time. Good luck x