PDA

View Full Version : Going in hospital tomorrow - tongue cancer

Ddcoo
17-12-12, 12:00
:yesyes:Hi folks, well the time has come for me to face up to my anxiety head on as I go in hospital at 2pm tomorrow then go down for the operation at about 8.30am on Wednesday morning. I usually get those horrible early morning panics, but boy did they increase this morning. After being constipated since I had the news of cancer, my system has gone to the other extreme, which I know is nerves. The joys of suffering with anxiety.
I did phone the McMillan nurse at the hospital this morning and told her how I was feeling and she did put my mind at ease and said even the strongest of men feel this way and even cry. I haven't cried yet, but I am close to it but I think I will probably cry when the operation is over.

I am the same when I fly, I hate it and get so anxious and sit on the plane with my feet pressing on the floor listening to every different sound the plane engines make, then once the plane has landed I sit in my seat and the tears just roll. So I have a long flight on Wednesday morning as the operation will take 10 hours or more and I will be so glad when I have "landed"!!

I just want to say to all of you on this site a huge thank you for seeing me through the past few weeks. Annie who is on this site and helps everyone has been great and I took advantage of her kindness and she is going to let you know how I get on. My partner, bless him, hasn't a clue how to post a message, so he is going to contact Annie and she will post a message for him. My partner won't be able to see me for the first couple of days as I will be in Intensive Care, so it may be the weekend before there is much news.

All of you take care, I send you all my love for a Peaceful Christmas, just think on Xmas Day my food will be liquid fed into my tummy by a tube up my nose, but at least I can wear a paper hat.

ReissG
17-12-12, 12:01
Dianne are you going to be okay?
The doctors said you will be okay right?

Merry Christmas to you sweet heart and may everything go okay <3

Annie0904
17-12-12, 12:05
Lots of hugs :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

Reiss, Diane will be fine and soon on the road to recovery and we will all be here to support her through this recovery. I will keep you updated with how she is doing x

bernie1977
17-12-12, 12:18
Good luck and best wishes :hugs:

panickyme
17-12-12, 12:36
Wishing you the best, we will all be thinking of you, and we will all be there with you in spirit. :hugs:We will anxiously await Annie's message, that you are all done, and doing well. Best wishes. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Elle-Kay
17-12-12, 12:46
Best wishes for tomorrow, and for a speedy recovery.

It's so wonderful that you're feeling able to keep your sense of humour about you during this trying time - I'll think of you when I put on my paper hat :D

swgrl09
17-12-12, 12:50
Best wishes tomorrow. You'll be in my thoughts. :hugs:

Tessar
17-12-12, 12:52
Yes indeed Ddcoo - I really hope it goes ok tomorrow and I wish you a speedy recovery.... I dont know if I'll have a paper hat but even if I dont I'll be thinking about you.

Ddcoo
17-12-12, 13:15
Thank you for all your good wishes, I wish I could send you all a box of crackers with a naughty joke and a posh paper hat, then we could all celebrate Christmas together. My best Christmas present will be being alive and knowing I am on the road to recovery. I am just so grateful to our wonderful NHS and the speed of my treatment, so if any of you work in the NHS give yourselves a big pat on the back and I hope you have a great Christmas. I too will be thinking about all of you on Christmas Day and will raise a glass of sparkling water to everyone that has supported me.

london
17-12-12, 13:20
wish you all the best
your be fine
god bless

rated_r90
17-12-12, 17:12
Best of luck with everything!

ricardo
17-12-12, 18:08
Ddcoo

I have never met you yet I feel I know you so well.

We will all be thinking of you without exception and if nothing else your sense of humour will pull you through. You are approaching this op in such a positive manner,will see you over here in the sun for January 6th. :hugs:

almamatters
17-12-12, 18:13
Thinking of you and wishing you all the best :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

nomorepanic
17-12-12, 19:06
Good luck with it all.

We will be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery
xx

shaka
17-12-12, 19:26
Best wishes :hugs:

Ddcoo
17-12-12, 19:34
Thank you, all of you again for keeping me occupied on this site and taking my mind off what is to come. I don't know whether I will find time to log in tomorrow as I have a few last minute things to do. I will be leaving the house at 2pm then having some more blood tests and a doplar test before going up to the ward at about 3.30pm. Then my op will probably start at 8.30am on Wednesday, then I should be in hospital for about 10 days and hope to be home just before the New Year. It sounds so easy to say it, it is almost as though someone else is going to do it for me (I wish), no I don't mean that, I wouldn't wish this on anybody.
Bless you all, Di x

bronte
17-12-12, 19:35
sending love and best wishes for a speedy recovery xx

Annie0904
17-12-12, 19:38
We will have a big NMP New Year online party with you on New Years Eve :D Will be thinking of you and looking forward to reports on your progress to pass on to everyone else. take care :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: xx

nicola1980
17-12-12, 19:49
Good luck, will be thinking about you, stay strong :hugs: :hugs: xx

kirstynic
17-12-12, 20:16
Hope all goes well you seem so brave xxx

Anxious_gal
17-12-12, 20:26
We'll all be thinking about you :)
I'm so sorry you have to go through all this.
But at least the opperation will help. The nurses and doctors will take good care of you, they are there to help you get better better and have years of experience.

Vanilla Sky
17-12-12, 21:50
I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery :hugs:

xxx:hugs:

Wolfie
17-12-12, 21:57
Wishing you well hun, thinking of you at this time, lots of huggles!

Chris xxx

CherryRed
17-12-12, 22:31
Good luck will be thinking of you :flowers: x

mandshere2000
17-12-12, 22:42
Sending you big:hugs: for tomorrow
Will be thinking of you and hope everything
goes ok Manda xx

Eek
17-12-12, 22:52
Will be thinking of you. Good luck tomorrow hope everything goes smoothly and look forward to seeing you back here in the new year:hugs:

beauty2010
17-12-12, 23:01
With very best wishes and may it all go smoothly
Hugs
B

AuntieMoosie
18-12-12, 02:44
Wishing you well hun:)

You sound like a strong lady and have a brilliant sense of humour:)

I will make sure that I wear a party hat just for you hun:)

We'll all be thinking about you and we'll be looking out for the updates from Annie.

Remember hun, we'll all be there with you:)

It's all going to be fine:)

:hugs::hugs:

virgo199060
18-12-12, 07:34
I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to see you back on after everything has gone well!

Merry Christmas! :hugs:

Hypo
18-12-12, 09:15
So much love to you :hugs:

Ddcoo
18-12-12, 09:47
I can't keep off this site can I but just decided to check in and look at the threads and I am overwhelmed by all the support as usual. So THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL for your kind wishes. I think it is great that some of you are going to wear a paper hat for me on Christmas day as it is just my sense of humour. You ladies will be aware that there are a lot of adult "animal hats" in vogue over the past 2 years, well I have quite a few fur and knitted ones, I love them, and when I go out in mine I get some very funny looks from "sensible" people, but they keep me warm and I don't care if I look daft. I look forward to coming back on here when I get home. Love Di x

Annie0904
18-12-12, 11:05
Thinking of you Di and Yes, on Christmas day we will all wear a party hat for you so you will be at all our Christmas meals :D xxxx

panickyme
18-12-12, 11:42
Wishing you the best of luck today (my hero) You are going to do amazing. I will be thinking of you. (your leaving for the hospital around 2:00, so that's about my 9:00 I like to say a prayer for you when you are there) Bless you, Sending you some hugs American Express!!!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

swgrl09
18-12-12, 12:49
Thinking of you today :bighug1:

Ddcoo
18-12-12, 13:16
I am still here, hanging on to the very last moment before I have to leave and I am just thinking that by this time tomorrow I will have been in surgery for 4 hours and will have another 6 to go, it hardly seems possible. It is such a long operation, but I have the best surgeon for this type of op and his supporting team are wonderful, so I will be in the very best hands.
I know I keep saying this, but thank you all for keeping me going and a very special thank you to Annie. xx

Annie0904
18-12-12, 13:36
You are an amazing lady and an inspiration to us all :bighug1: xx

AuntieMoosie
19-12-12, 01:18
I will be thinking of you all day Di and willing you along. Keep strong hun, it's all going to be ok and you'll be back with us here in no time:)

Special love and hugs for a special lady :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Anxious_gal
19-12-12, 04:49
Thanks for popping in :)
Your being very brave, I know you have to get this surgery but still.
pretty soon the surgery will be over and you'll be on the road to recovery.

I was so worried about my minor dental surgery. I was under for an hour. Now here I am a year later lol time does fly and soon you'll hopefully be much better.

I know you won't be on here for a while, but I'll be thinking about you and wishing you well.
Like I say, even when the scary stuff happens we are well able to deal with it and get through it because there's no other option.

It's good I think that you'll more likely sleep a lot for the next few days.
It's good to sleep and to let your body heal and mind to de stress.

Wishing you the best with your recovery x

lo89
19-12-12, 07:01
Sorry, I have just noticed this thread. All the best xxx

toria
19-12-12, 11:16
Good luck thinking of you,sorry I have just seen this aswell xx

Annie0904
19-12-12, 11:18
Di asked me to start a thread with updates from her partner so I have done that this morning if anyone wants to follow it. She really appreciates all of your support. Thank you x