PDA

View Full Version : loss of breath

lorraine
17-12-12, 12:13
hi

sorry to post again today having bad day! just hoovering up and all of a sudden got this feeling like i lost my breath for a second sometimes i get them before an eptopic but i never had the eptopic beat just the loss of breath that sort of felt like a pressure feeling in my chest with the loss of breath. Anybody get this really panicky now!!!!!!

lorraine

lorraine
17-12-12, 19:49
hi

anyone!!!!!

Lorraine

Anxious_gal
17-12-12, 21:44
Hey is it the flutter?
When my heart skips a beat or I get that flutter sensation in my chest or throat I nearly always feel like my breath was taken, or that I lost my breath for a few seconds.

I sometimes get it with that strange feeling of my chest dropping or suddenly feeling empty.

When I was first diagnosed with heart palpitations I spent two days feeling out of breathe!
I did not even notice my heart was racing or beating funny at the time.

My doctor picked up on it when he listened to my heart.

I sometimes have bad days with the pressure sensation in my chest or feeling out of breathe or that I can't get enough air.

It's worse if I'm tired and it can happen when I'm falling asleep or waking up . I'll be almost gasping for air.

But it seems pretty common.
I also have a finger heart rate monitor that tells me my blood oxygen level and my oxygen levels have always been on the good side, so I know I'm getting enough oxygen even when it feels like I'm not .

lorraine
18-12-12, 09:28
hi anxious gal

thankyou for your reply. It is exactly that the dropping empty feeling with the loss of breath it feels like the dropping sensation moves up the chest. Thankyou soooo much for your reply you described the feelings really well!!!!!! I find some of the symptons hard to describe.

Lorraine