PDA

View Full Version : Serious new cancer fears

lisak789
17-12-12, 13:45
I wish I new how to beat this cancer fear. I was doing so good! And now a friend of mine who had breast cancer and thought she beat it, just found out that it moved into her bones and liver. I am so scared. I keep thinking how would I accept that my doctor says he cant do anymore for me and I am termanal. She must be going through so much. And I struggle every day to beat my cancer fear and it is such a struggle. My 12 year old daughter has lymphnodes behind her ears, the right ear one is a bit bigger probably 1 CM. I had her into the doctor on monday who said it was from her acne but like a lot of people I feel like what if he is missiing something and I will lose her. I am turning into a parinod freak. I am constantly checking my kids for lumps and bumbs and I am sick of my behavour. I dont know what to do to make this better.

nomorepanic
17-12-12, 14:29
Can you get CBT over there ?

bronte
17-12-12, 19:30
hi my nephew got a swollen gland under his chin from his spots so it does happen so try not to worry i no its easier said than done cos im the same x

beauty2010
17-12-12, 23:31
hi there
I am also a paranoid freak about my kids and the oldest is 18 years old.
Wouldn't it be lovely to go back to the state of innocence we had before we started worrying. But once the idea is in your head.............
I think it is the fear of separation from loved ones......
Lymph nodes can often be bigger in children. I know because my 17 year old had two large ones recently and I phoned the practice nurse.
hugs
B