PDA

View Full Version : just found out I am pregnant anxiety is high

geishagirl
17-12-12, 14:37
Hi All

I am 4 weeks and feel a bit dizzy and nauseous.

My anxiety has really crept up too.

I should be excited but feel rubbish

Tufty
17-12-12, 14:44
Dizzy and nausea go with the whole pregnancy thing unfortunately and as these symptoms are also felt with anxiety it can bring back those old feelings. But that's all they are - feelings, normal feelings in pregnancy - including the feeling rubbish.
I felt anxious when in the early stages of pregnancy with my second child, I was tired, nauseas and dizzy but they didn't last and your's won't either. The first 12 weeks are the hardest, just try to focus on taking care of yourself as best you can. Rest lots, eat well and observe those unpleasant feeling but don't add to them by thinking what if - they will subside as the pregnancy progresses and your hormones settle

Congratulations by the way, are you happy to be pregnant?

Nat20
17-12-12, 15:37
Congratulations! Don't worry. I think it'd be best to get a book which will guide you step by step through the pregnancy and the feelings you will encounter. That way you will know that they are normal and natural :)

Thumbelina
17-12-12, 15:40
Hi All

I am 4 weeks and feel a bit dizzy and nauseous.

My anxiety has really crept up too.

I should be excited but feel rubbish

Congratulations!!!!
Is this our first one?
So much to look forward to!!!!!
Its bsolutely fine to feel anxious now.

geishagirl
17-12-12, 15:59
thanks everyone :)

This is a shock but a very wanted baby. My husband and I thought we could not have children as my hubby had an op on his testicles age 10 and we were told he would be infertile or very low sperm count. We were about to get a sperm test done before trying btu I fell pregnant on my pill!!

I am so shell shocked right now and every little ache and pain is freaking me out.

Liziik
17-12-12, 16:24
:hugs:Wow geishagirl you really beat the odds after being told your husband may have a low sperm count and falling pregnant while on the pill! Congratulations hun and I know your feeling rubbish atm but its all very normal like everyone has said its settles down, just try and enjoy it hun its a magical time (although I know u feel down) :hugs: