PDA

View Full Version : lump on gum

ellie_C_mason1990
17-12-12, 18:21
i have had a tiny lump on my gum above my teeth for a year and a half now
its not hard and has no colour
i can scratch it off but it grows back
it hasnt got any bigger
i had an appointment with a nurse but she said to ask a doctor especially as i smoke,it could be cancer
now i am very worried and all my anxiety that had more or less gone has come flooding back
does anyone have any calming words/alternative explanations?
i hate this :(

Ddcoo
17-12-12, 20:09
Yes, I have some calming words for you as you probably know I am just about to have an op for tongue cancer and from what you say that you have had this for over a year, it is pretty certain that it is not cancer, but I would advise you to go and get it checked, it is easy enough for them to test a small portion and confirm what it is, and this will give you peace of mind. I didn't ignore my lump and I am so glad I didn't because now I stand a very good chance of being cured completely. Please do not be afraid to get it checked and I will catch up on how you got on when I get out of hospital, or PM me and I will pick up your message when I get home. xx

Anxious_gal
17-12-12, 21:26
It could be a calcium deposit. I have a few tiny pin prick size ones on my gums.
From what you say it sounds harmless but I'm sure your doctor or dentist can give you a good explanation :)

ellie_C_mason1990
20-12-12, 16:30
thank you both!
i will get a doctors appointment asap and try and sort it out
my thoughts are with you ddcoo, you are an inspiration to us all!

ellie_C_mason1990
05-01-13, 22:13
am i right in thinking that if it was cancer it would have grown over the past 2 years i've had it? or can cancers grow really slowly?
doctor appointment is next week but still worrying like mad. this is ridiculous!

Justinf
06-01-13, 01:05
If you've had it for 18 months, it's not cancer.