PDA

View Full Version : Are ecgs reliable?

anx mum
17-12-12, 21:06
Still got really bad chest pain went to a&e today they did an ecg said it come back ok, how reliable r these im so scared

beauty2010
17-12-12, 23:22
ECGs are reliable.
I know because I have worked in A and E
Hugs
Bxx

nomorepanic
17-12-12, 23:29
Did they do blood tests as well?

Try and remember you have had it this bad before and nothing was found.

anx mum
18-12-12, 21:12
Had some bloods done but i think they were just basic ones

XJMatt
18-12-12, 21:20
reliable indeed :), i've had a few over the years and each time they've been normal, if there's anything out of the norm they can spot it quickly.

anx mum
18-12-12, 21:34
thanks matt hard to believe when your getting the pains

XJMatt
18-12-12, 21:58
welcome! :) i had to use one of them funny ECG monitors in my teens once because they thought i had arithimia..those are weird!. Chest pains are scarey i don't doubt it atall.

amandaj
18-12-12, 22:02
hi bev like myself you have been having these symptoms for a few years now, if anything was wrong with me or you you wouldnt be typing the post and i wouldnt be replying still so please believe what what hospital tells you xx

xtremx
19-12-12, 09:26
Still got really bad chest pain went to a&e today they did an ecg said it come back ok, how reliable r these im so scared

I too have been to a&e with really bad chest pains (twice) and have had ecgs done (constant in the amberlance) and whilst in the hospital also chest x-rays and blood tests to check for damage to the heart and all have comeback fine.

Also have had 2 treadmill stress tests (both ok).

But the the pain still comes on and the I have panic attacks (chest pain first and then panic).

Next for me is another chest x-ray on christmas eve and then in the next few weeks a heart echo is being done to hopefully put it all to rest.

It is hard to do but we have to remember we have had all of the symptoms many times before and nothing has come of it and just try to move on, But as many say it is hard to understand how it has an affect on us.

Hope you are feeling better after your trip to a&e