PDA

View Full Version : Occupational Health Assessment

SNAPPER
17-12-12, 22:57
Has any one been sent for an Occupational Health Assessment by their place of employment?? Anyone got any advice for my one??:yesyes:

Annie0904
18-12-12, 09:10
If you look at threads started by me I posted one a few weeks ago which is still ongoing. I actually found occupational health to be supportive but my problem is that my work never follows the advise they give :(

SNAPPER
18-12-12, 11:41
Annie,

Thanks I will have a look.

Peter

annamay
18-12-12, 12:33
hi Snapper
i have been sent to OH from my employer and found them very helpful and supportive, the worked my employer and myself in establishing a phased return to work and it was fine :yesyes:

kittikat
18-12-12, 12:48
I too found Occupational Health very helpful, unbiased and supportive.
Unfortunately, I had the same issues as Annie in that my employers did not follow the advice they gave without a fight from me. Ongoing issues still to be resolved.

It will be fine, nothing to worry about at all. Best of luck. Kitti :)

Mark13
18-12-12, 13:32
I'm on week 6 of my absence from work, and our OHS have been supportive so far, but I have another appt. with them on Friday.

Chester
18-12-12, 19:37
To echo others, my Occupational Health visit was a really good engaging event for me. But engaging with work, not so great.

However, the outcome was I'm not fit for work for at least 3-4 months. Work were less than impressed. They are currently pretty defensive because I was never given a medical questionnaire nor the opportunity to declare my history and they have discovered I'm DDA covered.

Alas, they think I'm going to sue them when I leave when really it's the last the thing on my mind. it's just not me.