PDA

View Full Version : can sneezing cause this?

Ziggy455
18-12-12, 00:37
I've been sneezing heavily the last few days and I've got upper back pain and left-lung pain like somebody is squeezing my heart when I exhale deeply. I'm just curious if violent sneezing can cause an aortic dissection? I heard about a case report: here:

http://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/16189052/reload=0;jsessionid=GDlQmlVe0ifrsABCQQlP.10

Doctors were unsure if the main risk was the man's HIGH blood pressure or if the sneeze itself was to blame.

nomorepanic
18-12-12, 00:45
That was one case ever reported though !

Anxious_gal
18-12-12, 06:37
You can pull a muscle from sneezing.
Do you have a cold? I'll often get a sore back, chest and tummy if I've a bad cough.

Ziggy455
18-12-12, 09:00
You can pull a muscle from sneezing.
Do you have a cold? I'll often get a sore back, chest and tummy if I've a bad cough.

I've had a little cold I think lately, runny nose, and sneezing. I seem to have upper back pain though. :unsure:

Also I know that was ONE case and he was hypertensive for five years, but I was just unsure.

Ziggy455
18-12-12, 13:45
I don't know what is wrong with me. I panic about these things so much. I have upper back pain and I'm terrified I've now got a AD. I try to think logically and that just doesn't work. My BP is good, not too high or low and I've had a cold the last few days complete with bad sneezing fits but my upper back is hurting (Which terries me) and Im just sort of terrified once again. My mind always finds a way to terrify me. :'( If I had an aortic dissection the pain would be constant but I seem to get it periodically.

I'm starting to believe I'll never be happy and normal again.

Anxious_gal
23-12-12, 05:31
It's ok.
I panic too and then I add up symptoms and think I'm dying lol
Heh yes it's hard to be logical when anxiety takes over but CBT can help.
If you google CBT forms you should be able to find some helpful ones :)
I've spent many a night freaking out, usually over a physcial symptom as I can feel it.

Does taking a bath or a shower help?
Sneezing or cough can make your muscles sore as can being tense.

Maybe you've been sleeping funny, try flipping your mattress over it might give a bit of better support.