PDA

View Full Version : Back on Propranolol, terrible anxiety.

hannah26
18-12-12, 05:56
Hello,

Ok so about 2 and a half months ago, I started on Propranolol it seemed ok to me, but I was still having anxiety. My Dr put me on citalopram and I had bad side effects and the worst anxiety of my life. I came of both medications by the advice of my Dr.
But ever since I have had derealisation every day, some days are bearable some are exhausting, but I've had no actual panic attacks. My Dr put me back on Propranolol yesterday, 80mg a day to keep me calm, well last night I had a panic attack and the derealisation is even worse.
Could this be caused by the Propranolol? As I said I've had derealisation but when the racing, intrusive thoughts come I have learnt to cope and stop them quite quickly. But last night I couldn't. And I've woken upfeeling anxious again and the DR is quite bad.
What should I do, what would you suggest?
Any advice would be brilliant,
Thank you
Hannah x x

katz41
18-12-12, 06:00
HI Hannah, sorry to hear that you've been feeling so bad, anxiety is a bitch of the first order mine has been really bad lately too,i've been put on propanolol as well as citalopram as the citalopram does bugger all tbh, i've had derealisation in the past though that was before i went on propanolol, i do find the propanolol helps quite a bit but it makes me feel very tired!! on the upside it does help me sleep if i take it with a kalms [i know it says not to but its the only thing that will get me off to sleep!]

i would suggest going back to your gp and discussing it with him/her, see if the dose needs adjusting or maybe it doesnt suit and you need a different combo? best of luck xx do feedback and let us know how you get on..x