PDA

View Full Version : Any scared to enjoy or get excited about something?

samtheman
18-12-12, 06:48
Might sound weird but its something I've caught on to, its like there is a price to pay for being happy, the happier you are the further you fall, I always notice it at Christmas, if I treat Christmas like any other day and don't really celebrate or get drawn into the hype then I am fine, but if I get carried away by the hype I get really depressed when its over, last year I can remember going up to be after Xmas dinner and crying I felt so low, I fell asleep and woke later that night when it was all over, Christmas is just one example but its the same with anything really, if you really get into it and enjoy yourself there is a price to pay,

sophieunderscore
18-12-12, 09:10
I'm kind of the same I think - like this end of the world thing, my brain decided to start worrying about it, so now I can't stop worrying or I'll be tempting fate, I can't enjoy the fact I had a really nice weekend for the first time in a while because it was just a sign I was having a nice time before things go horribly wrong for me, I feel like I must worry because if I don't it will come back to bite me! Not quite the same but still similar (and problematic) thought processes.

sarahblonde32
18-12-12, 09:26
Hi,

Yep. I have a couple of weeks where i can be buzzing me around in a good mood then suddenly i will guilty for feeling good, and then i think something bad will happen to bring me back down, so i try not to feel happy! this happened last week, and i had a terrible friday.
I suppose just another symptom of anx and depression.
sarah

fruity
18-12-12, 13:29
Might sound weird but its something I've caught on to, its like there is a price to pay for being happy, the happier you are the further you fall, I always notice it at Christmas, if I treat Christmas like any other day and don't really celebrate or get drawn into the hype then I am fine, but if I get carried away by the hype I get really depressed when its over, last year I can remember going up to be after Xmas dinner and crying I felt so low, I fell asleep and woke later that night when it was all over, Christmas is just one example but its the same with anything really, if you really get into it and enjoy yourself there is a price to pay,
yep it,s like your to scared to let your self go. cause you,ll pay for it.

Ziggy455
18-12-12, 13:40
Yes, I feel like this all the time! Everytime I feel happy, I think I don't deserve it or I'll pay for being happy and then I feel anxious again. :doh:

paranoidtree
20-12-12, 14:17
i am exactly the same! it's so frustrating when i catch myself after doing something that makes me feel good/happy and think what's going to happen now? or i'll starting worrying or panicking over silly little things.

I'm slowly learning with the help of my counsellor that i deserve good things and just because good things happen doesn't mean bad things follow though it's hard to undo this kind of thinking. i'm being patient with myself.

I hope you are able to enjoy Christmas/other nice things, and if not this year then perhaps next year?