PDA

View Full Version : No diagnosis - Now feeling a LOT more anxious :(

Orange Lightning
18-12-12, 12:23
Those of you who are regulars to this board will notice I've been fretting an awful lot recently about my chest. I have had the following symptoms of late:

- A slow/weak heart rate (when I feel my chest/neck) despite being anxious. Very concerning issue, especially since I'm so used to having a racing heart during panic attacks.
- Extremely tight chest and sometimes back and neck.
- Lightheadedness, nausea and fatigue. I felt ready to faint the other day.
- Localised mild/stabbing pain under my left armpit and just to the right of the centre of my chest. This is the most concerning issue.
- A heavy left arm and hand, as well as a numb left leg.
- Feeling like little parts of my body turn cold or lose blood flow very briefly, especially where the pain occurs or in the chest in general.

I've been like this for over 3 weeks now, and I finally thought I could get things cleared up with my long-awaited GP appointment. Nope, not likely! Instead I now fear for my life, as I await an upcoming ECG and possible Echo test.

I had an ECG recently, but as I have read elsewhere, these only determine recent heart troubles as a whole - they don't pinpoint specific problems that may not affect the heart as a heart attack would. Hence why I'm so worried about my low heart rate, and so is my doctor, since most people feel like their hearts are racing. Even this morning, when I was more relaxed than usual knowing I would see the doctor, I got the same 3 second stab-pains in my chest, especially when I bent over or stood up. Although I'm only 21 with only Ectopic beats to worry about, Angina was
the first word on my mind...

I was recently diagnosed with low white cells, which are apparantly related to anxiety and migraines. I also get very frequent migraines for which I have an effective medicine. My health anxiety never relates to these things, and I have never fretted so much about having a heart virus/disease than today. Am I going to be ok? Has my anxiety weakened my heart? What are the odds of me having a rare disease? Can anyone relate?

So many questions, but my mind is racing with "what ifs" right now, and I have no definitive answers with which to recover my sanity. :wacko: