PDA

View Full Version : new member

lainey
10-06-04, 17:11
Hi everyone

My name is Elaine and i have been having generalized anxiety attacks for about 8-9 weeks. My husband was diagnosed with cancer about 3 months ago and I was coping very well with the situation, once we had seen the oncologist we were both very positive and looking forward to the future. Then about 2 weeks later i started having feelings of pressure in my head, tingling in my arms and hands and generally not feeling right!I went to the gp who prescribed anti depressants, i lasted on these for 4 days as i was feeling very anxious about taking them and on the 4th day i had a really bad hot flash and thought i was dying.
I am now taking st johns wort and black cohosh ( for hot flushes ) .I am feeling a lot better than I was and have to say that since I discovered this web site am feeling a lot more normal than i was.

so glad i discovered you lot!
Keep smiling

Elaine
xxx

Meg
10-06-04, 17:27
Hi Elaine,

Welcome to the site.

It is very usual to cope well with a difficult situation and then after the event to feel very shaky and not cope as well.

Is yor husband having treatment now ?

Do let us know how you're doing .

Meg

lainey
10-06-04, 17:36
Hi Meg
Mu hiusband is halfway through a course of chemo as he has non hodgkins lymphoma as is responding very well to treatment. I would go as far as to say that he is coping with having cancer better than i am coping with all the churning that is going on inside me. All i want to do is feel normal again, and do feel that things are easier than they were,compared to how some people on your forum are feeling i feel pretty good.

thanks for replying

Elaine:D

nomorepanic
10-06-04, 18:14
Hi Elaine

Welcome aboard.

Sorry to hear about your husband, I hope things work out for you both.

You will get loads of help and support here so please stick around and let us know if you have any questions that we can help with.

Nicola