PDA

View Full Version : i enjoy only simple things

dabrucru
18-12-12, 21:18
Hi everyone, i ve been doing ok lately, reading some good books, enjoying the beauty of life. I ve been noticing, also ,that the more things are simple, the more i appriciate them, i hate arguing, i enjoy nature, i prefer reading a good book than watch tv . I use to love cars, now am selling my sports car, i just dont feel that this car reflects who i truly am, i feel like showing off when driving it , i prefer a more normal simple car. My question is, is it normal that i am , sort of, becoming so 'simple'? Or is it some sort of escapeism from complications of life?

Thanks

BobbyDog
18-12-12, 21:38
I feel exactly the same way, I look at the colour of autumn leaves in awe, I watch the birds out of the window, I take great pleasure watching my dogs wag their tails in happiness.

I think when you have been through a great emotional struggle it is like being a child again, seeing things for the first time and really appreciating them.

Mark13
18-12-12, 22:27
It seems completely normal to me, that you're ridding your head of all that clutter and appreciating everyday things.

I'm taking medication which is helping me stop the constant worries in my head, and I'm walking the streets (for exercise) admiring trees and birds etc.

I think sometimes our minds are just so full of worries or bombarded with images and aspirations from TV, magazines etc

It sounds like you're recovering my friend, and I wish you well.

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

Sorry, just seen from your previous post that you're going through marriage problems.

My opinion still stands though, you are appreciating nature and the simple things that we sometimes take for granted. I see that as a positive thing. Sometimes we just walk around, living in our heads instead of the world.

ElizabethJane
18-12-12, 22:30
If you had the time to reflect on the simpler pleasures in life then that is very commendable. As your confidence improves you might find that you desire these things again. It certainly isn't abnormal. Retreat from wordily things has been practiced from thousands of years. EJ

Katey
18-12-12, 22:47
I think that rather than this being an escape from the complications of life, it shows that you are getting well and can appreciate simple pleasures and do not need to use things like a fast car as a escape.

dabrucru
19-12-12, 06:58
thank you all for the nice replies, @mark 13 , i even sorted out the problems i had with my wife, she came back to me...all i have done is accept her decissions, and not judging her , its not as simple as writing these words, she was going through alot of stress...

reading self help books really helped me, i still have some 'what ifs' but that won t stop me from enjoying this beautifull journey called 'life'