PDA

View Full Version : Do I "brave" it out?

Hypo
18-12-12, 21:46
Hi guys again. I would really love some opinions on this please.

I have a GP's appointment booked for tomorrow. I don't really need to go but wanted to go to show him this spot thing I have on my hair line :blush: it's red, and spot shaped. I picked it, it bled a little and now has a tiny scab on it.

Now I would have just assumed it was a normal spot thing but my husband said it was there a couple of months ago because I asked him about it. The problem is, I have asked him about so much it is totally possible for him to get confused. I am sure if it was there for ages I would have remembered it myself.

I have shown my mum and two friends and they basically laughed and said it looked like a spot and now I have picked it the scab will drop off and it will go. My mum kindly told me that the GP would probably laugh if I go in over it.

So here is my dilemma.. It hasn't got worse, it isn't quite as red and it is tiny. If I go to the GP's tomorrow I will miss seeing my daughter in her first xmas play as that is the only time they have.

Do I just brave it out and tell myself that if it is worrying me after xmas I will go see the GP then?

I am also waiting for my smear test results which the GP may be able to access tomorrow. I am due to get the results in the post Xmas eve.

Do I just wait for the post like a normal person and have my mind put at rest or make myself wait it out so I can go see my daughter in her play?

This is my last chance to see a GP before xmas but I am sick of it interfering in my life and feel sorry if my daughter's mum can't be there because she is off at the doctors again.

I guess I need someone to tell me I am not being irresponsible with my health if I wait an extra week and by then it hopefully will be healed.

Mark13
18-12-12, 22:05
I'm no Doctor so with that caveat...

The spot sounds minor and could probably wait. Surely, if the smear test shows something you need notifying of the surgery would ring you and ask you to come in. Mine did when blood tests showed I had high blood glucose.

If it were me, I'd go see my daughter. First Xmas play. Unmissable IMHO.

Just my personal opinion.

Hypo
18-12-12, 22:15
Thank you. I just showed my paramedic friend and he said it can wait and he think it will go in a few days and not like a cancer he has EVER seen.

I don't know how qualified he is to make that call but it is something.

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

As for the smear they send a letter through the post letting you know the results. I just didnt want a shock xmas eve.

Katey
18-12-12, 22:24
Sounds like a normal spot that you've picked and is now starting to heal. I would go to her play. You'll kick yourself if you miss it.

Anxious_gal
19-12-12, 05:30
Honest it does not sound like anything bad.
It's just some sort of minor infection of just sore skin.
Before you said it had a hair in it, So maybe an ingrown hair.
Of course it had a scab, you picked it and its healing.

I wouldn't go to the doctor about it. Wait a week or so to give it time to heal.