PDA

View Full Version : Really panicking over anti biotics

Kez_miller
18-12-12, 23:09
I've been worrying over the last few days over my ears ringing thinking it was permanent tinnitus! I've just been told I have wax and inflammation! I've been given amoxicillin but I'm scared I'm gonna die from an allergic reaction :( I'm terrified of taking tablets but I couldn't stand the ringing no longer! I'm so so scared I'm gonna die from them! :(

Mark13
18-12-12, 23:16
Hmmm, not really for us to tell you what to do in this situation Kieran.

It's entirely your call.

If your Doc reckons you'll get better without the antibiotics then obviously give them a miss.

He obviously thought you would benefit, though, else he wouldn't have prescribed them.

Kez_miller
18-12-12, 23:23
I have taken my first one about 10 minutes ago that's why I'm not in panic mode! Then I read on dr google stupidly that u can have a reaction at any point during taking them from the first till the last :(

Mark13
18-12-12, 23:29
The thing about Doctor Google is he tells you every rare occurence because it's more interesting than "millions of people take this drug with no problem".

Go with the majority, you'll be fine :)

Anxious_gal
19-12-12, 05:02
You can have a reaction to pretty much anything.
But it's very very rare.

You should read my posts as I've posted about the same fear.

I took the same pills as you, I didn't have a reaction but I was worried about every little symptom in case it was a sign of a reaction :(

So please don't confuse an anxiety symptom with a reaction.

You've taken the first pill! That's a very good start.
Well done :)

Most of the bad reactions do happen right away. I'm sure you've had antibiotics before.