PDA

View Full Version : Anxious and panicking

xBettyBoopx
19-12-12, 00:47
I have a very nasty cold, can't breathe out of my nose but can't seem to breathe properly out of my mouth, sounds stupid I know but I keep sighing and my heart is racing, now I think I have a chest infection!! Seems like I'm breathing quickly, not hyper ventilating but.......omg can't explain it, all this over a cold!!

Am I breathing faster becoz I'm breathing out of my mouth? That's what it feels like. Am trying to slow my breathing down but don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Feel embarassed but scared at the same time.:weep::weep:

Annie0904
19-12-12, 10:17
Sorry to hear you are not well. You are probably getting more anxious because you are ill and this will effect your breathing as well as the cold. :hugs: x

xBettyBoopx
19-12-12, 21:11
Thanks Annie for replying. I feel a little better today but not great.

I hope you are okay.

xBettyx

Annie0904
19-12-12, 21:20
Pleased to hear that you are starting to feel better :hugs::hugs: x

ElizabethJane
19-12-12, 21:58
Hi Els I have had a chest infection recently and now a second cold on top. If you think that you have a chest infection then you need to go to the docs asap. My symptoms like yours were shortness of breath, chest hurt, exhaustion, asthma much worse, coughing and coughing up large lumps of green muck (tmi). I am unable to take many meds so was sent away to rest. Docs wanted to prescribe steroids and antibiotics but I cannot have. I am still not 'right' and fighting another cold hopefully not a chest infection. I suggest taking paracetamol(only if you are allowed it) regularly that will help with the infection. Also use inhalers if prescribed (mine were upped) Prop yourself up at night so that you breathe a little easier. Olbas oil is good, steaming is good. My raw ginger, lemon, manuka honey and hot water is also good for throats. Make up and drink as required. I hope that you feel better soon. EJ