PDA

View Full Version : Worry about swallowing glass

phil06
19-12-12, 05:07
I drank from a glass which was scraped and scratched most likely from the dishwasher. I woke up at 4am had a drink and got a small scrape feeling at the back of my throat whilst drinking it as I was paranoid I drank a small fragment if glass. Anyway I googled all sorts about how it can come out the other end.

As I try to sleep I keep feeling this tingling feeling as I keep worrying maybe I'm over reacting?

I don't know I defiantly drank it. There was no other glasses though.

Should I worry? :blush:

Brunette
19-12-12, 16:34
Scratched or chipped?

Either way, if it got damaged in the dishwasher the missing bit is most likely to be somewhere at the bottom of the machine and not inside you.

phil06
31-05-15, 21:08
Scratched or chipped?

Either way, if it got damaged in the dishwasher the missing bit is most likely to be somewhere at the bottom of the machine and not inside you.

It had a big chip out the side of it.

Well I'm hoping I never swallowed any.

MyNameIsTerry
01-06-15, 04:34
Phil,

This is the same issue as your others, its about contamination.

If you drank it, there is a good chance you would have known as it could cut your thought slightly from the inside or make it a bit raw. Thats nothing big though, many kids have done this and cut their mouths in the process - I've done that myself as a child once.

I think you would have felt it come away from the glass personally, but the issue is more about your underlying OCD issue here.

Have you spoken to your GP about medication or therapy?

phil06
07-07-15, 23:37
A glass I drunk from was sort of scaped around the edges from the dishwasher. I got a tickly feeling in my throat have I swalloed tiny segments of glass?

Fishmanpa
07-07-15, 23:42
In the one in 10M chance you did, it's passed through your body over a month ago!

Positive thoughts

phil06
08-07-15, 00:05
In the one in 10M chance you did, it's passed through your body over a month ago!

Positive thoughts

Yep I know but this was another glass I drunk from tonight :ohmy:

MyNameIsTerry
08-07-15, 05:11
Phil,

The odds could be the same as you winning the lottery ten times consecutively...or me copping off with Cameron Diza (and believe me, there odds are far longer!!! :D) and it will not satisfy an OCD obsessions as it will just keep concentrating on this issue or switch to another one. All-or-nothing thinking is a big one in obsessional disorders like OCD.

If you had therapy for this, you could learnt to break free from it. Do not react to these thoughts as the subconscious looks for emotional reactions to confirm it has done something it thinks is correct and be non judgemental about these thoughts. Do not analyse them or interact with them. Stronger negative emotional reactions are spotted even easier by this system as its an essential survival process.

phil06
17-08-15, 22:42
Another glass worry let me explain

Tonight at a takeaway I got a box of chips. Something smashed behind the counter as I was getting my chips i think my chips lid was closed but not 100%. I don't know if what fell was plastic or glass or metal but I'm worried the chips I ate had glass speckles as I could become unwell?

This worry dates back a few years ago when in my house I dropped a class near a curry so I binned the curry.

What if the takeaway chips had glass tonight? :ohmy:

phil06
15-02-16, 01:51
A glass was chipped in my wash basin I worry now that all the other cups may have glass even if I wash new ones?

Anybody else had this worry will it be ok?

misslove
15-02-16, 05:17
I'm just gonna suggest you invest in plastic cups!

MyNameIsTerry
15-02-16, 05:25
Try to rationalise it, Phil. You rinse out the cups and there can't be glass in them. Glass isn't going to stick to ceramic so it will fall out.

phil06
18-09-22, 20:07
I drunk from a glass with a large crack and never noticed. I felt a small speckle of glass on my hand so I worried I somehow drunk a speckle of glass?

Lolalee1
19-09-22, 01:07
Phill, you still haven’t progressed in seeking help.
As long as it’s not a brick otherwise you will shitting a brick.:wacko: