PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms of Depression?

JessicaRae
25-08-06, 01:53
HI, I'm new to this website and kind of had a few questions about some of the things i am going through and if it's what i think it is....depression. On and off the last maybe 5 years or so, i have had my good days and bad days i guess you can say. I went through Balemia, Cutting, and after a while i thought that finally i was all better, that i had gotten passed the rough times. But recently again i have been getting really emotional again. Thought of dying, my family dying, people leaving me, and just many other things seem to get the best of me. The only way i can describe it, is i feel like everyday is a rainy day. I'm so exhausted all the day (even though i get enough sleep) I hardly go out, and when i do i feel like i should just really be at home. It's like an uncomfortable feeling. I'm 20 years old, and i feel like i'm 80. Out of nowhere i will just start crying. I feel so lonely yet i know i have so many people that love me. I can't fathem why i continously keep feeling this way. I recently got insurance so i've been considering going to see a doctor, but there are so many doctors that just hand out medicine like it's candy and i want help, not just something to subside my emotions....Any words of wisdom...and is this possibly depression?

xoxo Jessica

net
25-08-06, 03:13
hi jessica

welcome to the forum
it does sound like depression, thats exactly how i felt 3 years ago. i went to dr and he sent me to a therapist, maybe that could help you.

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

polly daydream
25-08-06, 08:22
Hi Jessica, yes as Netty has said it defo sounds like depression and maybe some counselling might help if you are unsure about taking meds right now, maybe you can then get to the bottom of why you are feeling this way.

Take care,

Polly

JessicaRae
26-08-06, 01:09
Yeah i guess i'm so just scared in general. Scared maybe that there is more wrong than i really think, scared of the doctor telling me that i have to take medication...and the meds pretty much controlling my life...ya know! My ex was on lexapro and it almost made him get worse. Then there were the sexual side affects and just other things as well. Maybe i'm just nutty lol who knows

xoxo
Jesscia

bluebottle
26-08-06, 06:33
Jessica, see a therapist, and make sure your happy with the one you decide on.

You will be OK, maybe medication will work for you, but in the long term I would suggest seeing a good therapist.

--
Blue -
"Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

mazz
29-08-06, 23:58
Hi Jess not nutty at all .iam the same but i think i know where my fears lye.we all need a little reasurance from time to time ,do you have family you can talk too? you need to get it out and talk
if you need an ear iam here ok .been there still am i think.