PDA

View Full Version : Irrationality and my cyber-bullying!

Ziggy455
19-12-12, 12:42
I just don't understand anything anymore. Countless tests provide answers that I just don't follow. What stops us being able to accept reality as it is? I've had many tests and countless BP monitors and I thought I was starting to beat this anxiety.

With the stress of christmas and deadlines, I've slipped back into Anxiety worse than ever before. And now I am receiving emails from countless clone accounts emailing me certain reports and case studies. It's as if somebody wants me to keep suffering. :weep:

I block the emails but I just get more in the form of 'Saw your video, looks cool.' and I open it and reports of young people suffering strokes blare on my screen. Somebody is trying to make my life worse and I can't seem to get rid of the emails. I'm in the process of changing my email due to this harassment.

But that doesn't stop the words from sinking in. I'm so terrified of locked-in syndrome or a stroke. I can't beat this fear. And as I keep getting emails of kids my age suffering strokes, I'm going mental with anxiety.

I feel like there is no hope.

Brunette
19-12-12, 16:08
Until your email account is changed, don't open any emails from people whose name you don't recognise. Just delete them.

ReissG
19-12-12, 17:24
Hi Ziggy, no one is sending you emails :)
If you have an account somewhere on the internet that is using your email address and that account is permanently signed in, spam can detect your email address easier and send you spam emails, not only that but it can detect your history on web browsing. Therefore if you have been searching about health problems, it will send you that.

Whenever I go on medicine sites I always get spam emails from Doctors in India haha or if I go onto a game website, next time I'm on youtube the game wiill come up in the adverts!

It's just spam detecting what you use most on your PC then...well...spamming you :P

Ziggy455
19-12-12, 20:28
If you have an account somewhere on the internet that is using your email address and that account is permanently signed in, spam can detect your email address easier and send you spam emails, not only that but it can detect your history on web browsing. Therefore if you have been searching about health problems, it will send you that.

Whenever I go on medicine sites I always get spam emails from Doctors in India haha or if I go onto a game website, next time I'm on youtube the game wiill come up in the adverts!

It's just spam detecting what you use most on your PC then...well...spamming you :P

I'd understand it was spam if I was just receiving promotional things but I am not. I am receiving copy and pasted case studies and reports on things that terrify me. Somebody I know is doing this to me.

lo89
19-12-12, 20:36
What email addresses are they from? X

Sparkle1984
19-12-12, 21:11

That sounds a lot like spyware to me. You don't have to put up with that - make sure you have an up-to-date anti-virus and firewall on your computer. Also you could try scanning your computer with a program like AdAware or Spybot Search & Destroy.