PDA

View Full Version : heart

jmccc x
19-12-12, 13:46
hi was just wondering if anybody suffers from these the past few weeks i have had hardly slept , been getting pains in my left arm and pains in my chest they both come and go. I had to wear a heart monitor about ten months ago to check my heart and everything was clear i also have been tested for anaemia and what not but theyre all clear also.

Have constant worries about having a heart attack.Just if anybody could help?

Thanks

Gogspurs
19-12-12, 20:46
Hi there,

I wake up in the middle of the night with pins and needles in my pinky and ring finger on the left side so I researched a little and it seems that this is a sympton of a trapped or pinched ulnar nerve. I get a numbness just above my elbow also and up in to my shoulder. Aparently this is caused by constant bending of the arm which I am doing a lot since I started getting chest pain because I keep holding my chest which I realise I am doing all the time!

So another example of the viscous cycle which is health anxiety.. I hold my chest as a comfort which causes pain in my arm which I keep thinking is related to my chest pain lol

I have had all the tests done and got the all clear too so we have to accept there is nothing wrong with our hearts.

I hope you have a good xmas and try not to worry.. I know it is easier said than done!

Colin44
20-12-12, 12:12
hi was just wondering if anybody suffers from these the past few weeks i have had hardly slept , been getting pains in my left arm and pains in my chest they both come and go. I had to wear a heart monitor about ten months ago to check my heart and everything was clear i also have been tested for anaemia and what not but theyre all clear also.

Have constant worries about having a heart attack.Just if anybody could help?

Thanks

Its a common anx fear, worrying about your heart. I can get chest pains too, sharp ones, dull aches pains in my arms, left and right.

For me I link most of it to tension, I also seem to be hyper sensitive to any chance in my body and notice all the minor things people miss.

I've had a sore chest for days now, part of it is tension from me having a H.anx relapse and panic attacks and some of it is down to the fact I've not long shifted a bad cough and cold.

As for the sore arms, feeling anxious can cause these little anomolies with sore body parts, however when you get the arm and chest pain your mind is thinking the worst possible thing when most likely your heart is fine.