PDA

View Full Version : First time out alone since June!!

Annie0904
19-12-12, 14:24
I finally did it! Woke up feeling anxious, got annoyed with myself which was a good thing as I put my shoes on (after getting dressed etc!) picked up my car keys and drove 3 miles to Homebase! They had just reduced wrapping paper to 10p per roll so I bought 15 rolls fro next year! also some stocking fillers reduced from £1.99 to 50p! It wasn't busy so no queue at checkout. Got back in the car, I must admit I was sweating at this point and started to feel faint. I pass Sainsbury's on the way home and even managed to pop in there to buy a pizza for tea. Again no queue at the check out so that helped. Got back home, shaking a bit but I did it! So proud of myself today.:yesyes:

Elle-Kay
19-12-12, 14:25
Well done Ann, I'm so pleased for you! That's terrific!! :D

Annie0904
19-12-12, 14:27
Mabe I should get annoyed with myself more often!

MissHDynamite
19-12-12, 14:28
Flipping Eck Annie! Well done you.. thats brilliant :D x

swgrl09
19-12-12, 14:29
great job!!!! i'm so happy for you :)

vitabelle
brilliant!! you should be so proud of yourself!! that's fantastic x

Magic
Well done Annie:hugs:

Annie0904
19-12-12, 14:31
Thank you all :D

Elle-Kay
19-12-12, 14:35
Mabe I should get annoyed with myself more often!

It's amazing how well that can work actually - I've had a wave of anxiety just sort of drain out the bottom of my feet because when I felt it starting I thought "Oh for goodness sake, enough is enough!"

Annie0904
19-12-12, 14:39
I am just sitting here now thinking I can't believe I did it! I am quite exhausted though!

Mark13
19-12-12, 14:49
Well done. It's a great step forward. You should rightly be proud of the courage you showed.

eternally optimistic
19-12-12, 15:21
:yesyes:

WELL DONE.................................

THAT IS LIKE ONE BIG CHRISTMAS PRESSIE TO YOU.....

I am so pleased for you - long may it continue.

Annie0904
19-12-12, 15:27
I just hope I can do it again, I didn't have a panic attack and didn't have to rush out and I haven't come home crying so I do feel like it is a step forward for me. I do feel like I need to go and hide in my bedroom now but resisting it for as long as I can.

Brunette
19-12-12, 15:46
Well done. And It will get easier.

I realised I was over my panic attacks when I stood in a long, hot, sale queue in a fashion retailer with awful, loud music blasting out, looked at the earrings I was about to buy, saw they weren't perfect, left the queue, went to find a better pair and queued up all over again!

Annie0904
19-12-12, 15:52
Well done. And It will get easier.

I realised I was over my panic attacks when I stood in a long, hot, sale queue in a fashion retailer with awful, loud music blasting out, looked at the earrings I was about to buy, saw they weren't perfect, left the queue, went to find a better pair and queued up all over again!

I have to say if there had been a queue I think I would have had to leave. Pleased i went at a quiet time.

gem7
19-12-12, 15:53
thats great well done :)

Annie0904
19-12-12, 15:57
thats great well done :)

Thank you x

MissHDynamite
19-12-12, 16:04
Don't put yourself down Annie... you got in and thats brill, and then.... you went into sainsbury's! thats jamazing :) x

Annie0904
19-12-12, 16:09
I just focused on the things I went in for...I may have walked straight past people I know because I never looked at any one! Just pretended it was just me in the shop lol

MissHDynamite
19-12-12, 18:00
You were on a mission then lol.. well done again x

Annie0904
19-12-12, 18:25
I have only cried once today and that was just with relief when Ddcoo (Diane) partner phoned to tell me her operation has gone well! I think Di is one of the reasons I got out today. I thought if she can go through a 10 hour op, I can get to Homebase!

nicola1980
19-12-12, 19:03
brilliant Annie well done :yahoo: xx

serendipity_x
19-12-12, 19:04
well done! every step counts.

Sparkle1984
19-12-12, 19:47
I finally did it! Woke up feeling anxious, got annoyed with myself which was a good thing as I put my shoes on (after getting dressed etc!) picked up my car keys and drove 3 miles to Homebase! They had just reduced wrapping paper to 10p per roll so I bought 15 rolls fro next year! also some stocking fillers reduced from £1.99 to 50p! It wasn't busy so no queue at checkout. Got back in the car, I must admit I was sweating at this point and started to feel faint. I pass Sainsbury's on the way home and even managed to pop in there to buy a pizza for tea. Again no queue at the check out so that helped. Got back home, shaking a bit but I did it! So proud of myself today.:yesyes:

Well done, you should be proud of yourself, Annie! :D

Annie0904
19-12-12, 19:51
Thank you everyone :) xx

almamatters
19-12-12, 19:54
Well done Annie, be proud of yourself xxx :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

maximus1975
20-12-12, 09:18
well done annie top effort xxx

Annie0904
20-12-12, 09:36
I woke up this morning in the same anxiety state. Mornings are by far the worst for me. I just wake up and suddenly feel the most intense fear. I am sitting here in bed now with my SAD light on, hoping it will help me.

maximus1975
20-12-12, 10:05
yeh i go to bed feeling ok and wake up feeling shite

Annie0904
20-12-12, 10:42
I'm still feeling really shaky. I achieved something yesterday and need to remind myself of that but feel like I am being chased by a pride of Lions today!

eternally optimistic
20-12-12, 10:45
YEP, REMEMBER THAT VERY MASSIVE ACHIEVEMENT.

IT IS UPS AND DOWNS, BUT, THAT ONE B I G STEP YOU MADE YESTERDAY IS
SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO HOLD ON TO.

SAY UP YOURS TO THE ANXIETY AND SAY TO YOURSELF "I BLOODY WELL DID IT".
ALWAYS, ALWAYS, REFLECT ON THE GOOD STUFF.

LOADS OF PEOPLE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE DONE WHAT YOU DID YESTERDAY...

Have a great day.... reflect, reflect, reflect.

Bye Annie

Annie0904
20-12-12, 10:50
I know, when I have one good day I think "that's it over with, no more anxiety!" It doesn't work like that though and I should know that by now. I did really well yesterday though. It seems daft me saying I made it to Homebase when most of the people around me are going to big shopping centres, parties, holidays etc.

belindalorraine
20-12-12, 10:54
well done :)

Jen Sat
20-12-12, 11:22
Well done Annie for your achievement yesterday. You were determined to get on with it and you did and even stopped off at Sainsbury's which was an added bonus. Yeah it is ups and downs and the hardest thing is taking that first step. I look at really old people out and about and think that if they can do it at their age then what is stopping me other than my thoughts/fears. Keep on keeping on :)

Annie0904
20-12-12, 11:59
I wish there was some magic cure for all of us to just be able to get on with our lives. x

Buj
20-12-12, 12:03
So good to be able to achieve something like this - great Chistmas pressie for you

Annie0904
20-12-12, 12:12
It is but I am now panicking about how I will cope with Christmas day, there is always something :doh:

Serenitie
20-12-12, 13:11
Good for you, Annie! This is amazing progress!!! You should be proud of yourself :yahoo: xxx

eternally optimistic
20-12-12, 23:06
Annie

You have proved my your expedition yesterday, that you are a fighter and a winner.

Christmas day, can be the same.

Sparkle1984
20-12-12, 23:09
I'm sure you'll cope with Christmas day. :) What are your plans?

Annie0904
20-12-12, 23:14
My plans for Christmas day...We have 14 people. My son and his wife, my other son and girlfriend, my daughter and boyfriend, my parents, my daughter in laws sister, husband and 2 children from Italy. Now you might understand why I am getting anxious! My husband and sons have offered to cook dinner though so I won't have a lot to do and I guess I could always disappear up to my room to hide for a while :) x

Sparkle1984
20-12-12, 23:19
Yes that does sound like a lot of people. I'm lucky in that we always have a quiet Christmas day in my household - it's just me, my Mum and my stepdad. :)

Disappearing up to your room sounds like a good idea if things get too stressful - I sometimes do that too if there are a lot of people in the house and I feel overwhelmed by everything.

AuntieMoosie
20-12-12, 23:29
Oh Annie well done hun :yesyes: that was one huge step to take and you did it hun :yesyes:

It's a ride like a roller coaster with this depression/anxiety/panic, I'm on the same ride as you Annie, lots of ups and downs.

Just keep doing what your doing hun, we'll get there in the end I know we will :)

Just take Christmas Day as it comes Annie, just do what you want to do:)

I know exactly what you mean about hiding in your bedroom too, I love mine and I love my bed, it's my real safety zone, I've had a day today where all I've wanted to do was to creep back into my bed but, like you hun, I've managed to resist:)

I'm so proud of you Annie, you're doing great hun :yahoo: :hugs:

Annie0904
21-12-12, 08:20
Thank you your words of encouragement do help. I don't know what I would do without my NMP friends xx

maximus1975
21-12-12, 08:40
well we r all in the same boat my family went late night xmas shopping last night i was the only one who didnt go gut wrenching,is it to much to ask to have a few days whilst not nervous. i new the town would be packed last not so it was not a good option to go in, instead i stayed at home full of guilt that i bottled it

Emma86
21-12-12, 10:40
Big well done :D
Thats great, you should feel really proud of yourself!
Its only more steps forward from now on, you know you can do it :D

Annie0904
21-12-12, 12:35
Have been for my physio today and then to Pets at home to buy treats for the cats. My husband was with me so it was a bit easier today and no anxiety while out. Little steps at a time and hopefully I will get there :)

swgrl09
21-12-12, 14:25
wow, you are really doing well! i'm happy for you! you are making big strides over the past week

Annie0904
21-12-12, 15:27
Feeling a lot less anxious today, hope it continues!

almamatters
21-12-12, 15:41
You are have done brilliantly, Annie :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Annie0904
21-12-12, 15:52
Thank you Alma, I'm not going to say it is easy for me and my tummy has been aching today, but the only way out of this trap is to make myself do little things. I so much want to have a better 2013. My physio is happy with the progress of my foot. My toe is still quite bruised after I tripped up at the weekend but fractures etc all doing well.

Sparkle1984
21-12-12, 16:00
Well done again! As you say, little steps at a time will eventually get you there! :yesyes:

almamatters
21-12-12, 16:02
I agree with you Annie. I am happy when I manage to drive a few miles to the shops on my own or even do a little bit of shopping , it is a massive achievement to me. Little steps like you once told me. xxx

Elle-Kay
21-12-12, 16:05
I'm not intending to hijack your thread here Annie, but re-reading through has just made me remember something: yesterday I went out to the "top" (quieter) part of our town, and I totally forgot to be anxious! I went straight there, got what I needed to buy, stopped to talk to some friends I bumped into, bought a cake and came home, and I didn't have one anxiety surge! In fact, it felt so normal and natural (like it used to) that I didn't even notice until much, much later in the day! :D

(I feel rotten today of course, just to put a dampener on things, but that's because of this cold I'm getting, so it doesn't count lol)

Annie0904
21-12-12, 16:29
I'm not intending to hijack your thread here Annie, but re-reading through has just made me remember something: yesterday I went out to the "top" (quieter) part of our town, and I totally forgot to be anxious! I went straight there, got what I needed to buy, stopped to talk to some friends I bumped into, bought a cake and came home, and I didn't have one anxiety surge! In fact, it felt so normal and natural (like it used to) that I didn't even notice until much, much later in the day! :D

(I feel rotten today of course, just to put a dampener on things, but that's because of this cold I'm getting, so it doesn't count lol)

Well done Leah, sorry about your cold though. I often find that after a good day it is sometimes followed by a not so good one. I put that down to all my energy being used up on actually being able to get out. :)

Mountainclimber
21-12-12, 18:33
Well done, keep it up now, it will get easier

Annie0904
21-12-12, 18:34
Well done, keep it up now, it will get easier

I really hope so :)

Steve37
21-12-12, 22:59

Well done after 6 months!:yesyes::winks:

Annie0904
21-12-12, 23:03
Well done after 6 months!:yesyes::winks:

Thank you :)