PDA

View Full Version : new to this

LouisaC
19-12-12, 16:41
Hi
I'm new to this forum but having just searched google for '2nd time round on citilopram' I found this site, started to read the posts and thought I'd join! Three years ago I started to suffer with anxiety which eventually became stress related depression and to say it was hideous would be an understatement! After a month or so of kidding myself that going to the gym would sort me out, I went onto Citilopram. My doctor was brilliant and thankfully told me that my symptoms would get worse before they got better but I was to stick with it which I did and after 18 months I was off the meds and feeling great. Well that was 18 months ago, I thought great I can put that period of my life to bed and never revisit it again - how wrong was I? 2 weeks ago I started to feel a little bit out of sorts, you know the signs don't you!!! So last night I took my first citilopram and low and behold at 4am this morning my anxiety returned arghhhh! So I guess what I'm asking is 'are the symptoms as rubbish and for as long the 2nd time round'? I truly hope not, I know the drugs work but the initial few weeks are tough aren't they?
Rgds Louisa

vitabelle
19-12-12, 16:49
hi Louisa just wanted to say welcome. im not on same meds as you so cant exactly answer your question but am on sertraline and im not feeling great. all my anxiety symptoms are amplified I am told this should fade in a couple of weeks but its horrible I feel so down. hope you fond help here x

nomorepanic
19-12-12, 16:51
Hi LouisaC

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Sparkle1984
19-12-12, 19:31
Welcome to the forums, Louisa. I'm sorry to hear about your relapse. Yes, I agree the initial few days/weeks of starting medication can be tough. I hope you will feel better again soon, but in the meantime you'll find plenty of support in this forum.