PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new to all of this!

Seaworthy
19-12-12, 17:59
Hi there,

I'm Seaworthy (not sure why I chose that, I'll find something philosophical to explain later :winks:)

I am currently dealing with depression and have been for many years now and I only plucked up the courage to go to the doctor's for the very first time today.

Unfortunately he didn't say much to me and just shoved a prescription of 50mg of Lustral into my hand and said to take one a day for four weeks and come back. Thus I am lacking somewhat in the information department and I'm just looking for other people who are in the same position. I am currently a 6th form student in my last year, quiet, I never talk about feelings (literally ever) and pretty lost at the moment. I've gone through a lot over the years but I'll save that for later maybe.

This is the beginning of my recovery and I'm looking forward to it, even if the next two weeks (including Chrimbo! :unsure:) are going to be possibly hellish from the side effects of the meds. But, what do they always say? Always look on the bright side...Something like that, eh? haha

nomorepanic
19-12-12, 18:09
Hi Seaworthy

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

vitabelle
19-12-12, 18:22
welcome hope you find some comfort on here. I am also on sertraline its a bit crappy at first but at least you know to expect that. good luck x

BobbyDog
19-12-12, 18:35
A very warm :welcome:to you.

Sparkle1984
19-12-12, 19:34
Welcome to the forums. :) I'm sure you'll find plenty of help here.

It's a shame your doctor didn't say much to you. Did he offer you the opportunity of any counselling or CBT? It could be helpful for you to talk to someone about your feelings.