PDA

View Full Version : Oesophagus trouble!!

Tolineux
19-12-12, 20:16
Hi

I am having a bit of a time with my anxiety!! I am convinced I have some kind of oesophagus cancer........ This is driving me mad!!

Would love to here about same situations?!?

Thanks!!

nomorepanic
19-12-12, 20:28
Hi Tolineux

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Rls1994
19-12-12, 21:21
Tolin, I also think the same thing at times. But honestly, oesophagus cancer tends to happen in people over the age of 55. How old are you and what symptoms are you having?

Oh, and welcome to NMP.

Tolineux
19-12-12, 21:29
Hi I'm 33 - I have a long history of acid reflux and take omeprazole 80mg a day and also have an hiatus hernia which is 10cms. Deep down I know it's nothing sinister as I had a endoscopy just over a year ago but the anxiety is driving me crackers!!! I have just a constant lump in my throat and regurgitation of food.........

Thanks for listening o me anyway lol

Rls1994
19-12-12, 21:44
Ah, you're still very young then to be worried about this cancer. I'm 18 and think I do sometimes.. I see where you're coming from though. I also have suspected GERD, and probably a hiatus hernia as well.

I was given Omerprazole just like you, but they had no effect on me. So the doctors have recommended an endoscopy for me which I will have in January next year.

Do you get nausea with this as well? I also get the feeling of vomit coming back up, but it only comes up as far as the back of my throat. It's incredibly frustrating. It's definitely made worse from anxiety though. When I'm relaxed and such, it's not as bad, but it's still there nevertheless.. Your stomach produces more acid when your anxious/stressed as well, so reducing your anxiety/stress levels will help a little.

Tolineux
19-12-12, 21:49
Yeah my oesophagus feels raw but when u ad my endoscopy it said I had oesophagi this so my oesophagus is prob inflamed, interesting to know the more anxious you are the more acid you produce, would make sense the symptoms I'm getting and them being intensified x1000,!!

Thanks for or advice and reassurance I'm sure when I relax it will calm down but at times it is easier said than done x

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

*oesophogitis