PDA

View Full Version : Please help i need honast advice about daughter

lisak789
20-12-12, 01:57
I know people are sick of me posting and I am so so sorry to be a bother. But my 12 year old has large lymph nodes behind her ears. Directly behind and the one on the left is larger then the right. I am panicking I dont want her to have cancer! I am getting so sick of worrying everyone around me is going to get cancer, it is making my life hell! I was so normal till I lost my baby at 37 weeks and now I feel as if I am looney! I cant stop worrying about the lumps behind her ears. shes not sick so I dont know what they would be there. Please please any advice would help.

Anxious_gal
20-12-12, 02:54
Big lymph nodes are common in childern and tend to last longer than adults.
How big are they?
Well it's winter time so she may be a bit run down.
I guess you could ring nurse line.
Lymph nodes can be reactive to touch so try not to touch them.

If she had cancer she would be too tired to move, she'd have a fever, pale skin and be pretty sick. But then she may pick up a bug too, due to the cold weather.

If she feels ill maybe take her to the doctor then.
Try not to act worried around her :)

Colin44
20-12-12, 12:01
I know people are sick of me posting and I am so so sorry to be a bother. But my 12 year old has large lymph nodes behind her ears. Directly behind and the one on the left is larger then the right. I am panicking I dont want her to have cancer! I am getting so sick of worrying everyone around me is going to get cancer, it is making my life hell! I was so normal till I lost my baby at 37 weeks and now I feel as if I am looney! I cant stop worrying about the lumps behind her ears. shes not sick so I dont know what they would be there. Please please any advice would help.

No one will get sick of hearing from you, I'm only new but guessing this is a place where people know what you are dealing with.

As for you worrying about your kids, its only natural and for me I find its an extension of my anx, that I also worry something bad will happen to them.

In fact it has, my youngest daughter who is on 15 months has a cancerious lump which she is getting medication for. We've know about it for the best part of a year, found out it was a tumour in March and she's been in for a few MRI scans and biopsy this year. Thankfully the medication seems to be shrinking it and with any luck she won't need the risky operation that comes with it.

As your daughter is older, I'm sure even she will know if she is unwell, if you worry and fret about her too much you might put it into her head she is unwell. Those little lumps, they could be fatty deposits, if they aren't hurting her and easy to move about under the skin I wouldn't worry about them.