PDA

View Full Version : Panicking!!!

Lousicle
20-12-12, 04:01
Oh god I've got myself into a right state here.. Have been out for a meal tonight where the food was quite rich and I over indulged a tad :shrug:
Well when we got home the food was repeating on me and I had to go to the loo (TMI sorry) but then I felt ok, now it's middle of the night and I've woken up with HORRIBLE stomach cramps, went to loo again but not got sickness or diarrhea (thank god! I'm emetophobic btw that's what causing this panic) just normal but with an incredibly sore stomach, now I can't breathe I'm sitting in bed shaking and trying not to think of it but I'm so scared I feel like I'm gonna pass out sitting down!! I know I'm not doing myself any good because I'm sure the panic is making this stomach ache worse :weep:
Can someone help or tell me how to soothe my sore belly?? I don't feel sick and not cramping now but I'm still terrified its gonna happen! Brilliant way to start my birthday.. NOT!

Anxious_gal
20-12-12, 05:21
Hey it's ok, being in pain n feeling sick often makes you feel breathless.
I get nasesa a lot n I've noticed that out of breath feeling.
Also anxiety will make it worse.
I find a cold room or open a window it can help.
Or cold water on your face.
Feeling a bit too cold can help, then get back under the warm bedsheets.

I think your tummy is just having a hard time digesting the food.
Do you have anything like um, tablets to aid digestion or those ones for heart burn.

If you have tummy pain massage your tummy n use heat.
Also trapped wind can give you very bad pain.

Just breathe deep and slow, that's all you need do :)
I've been up all night too with anxiety.
I had the shakes too on and off.
So I understand a bit how your feeling.

I've been cleaning, so that can help.
But I know sometimes too, you don't want to move.

You will be ok. I mean nothing bad can happen.
You could try calling the Samaritans, a friendly calm voice might help.

Very unlikely you'll pass out but I get that wayy self.
The thought of that happening freaks me out but surely even if it happened it'd be a bit like sleep and you'd wake up.
I figure it's the bodies way of forcing us to calm down lol
But as long as you breathe slowly it shouldn't happen.

Try and drink water to flush out your system.
I don't have your phobia of being sick but anxiety can mess your tummy up and breathing usually helps prevent it from getting worse.

Aw happy birthday x
Be proud you went out and had a nice meal :)
The best you can do is try to sleep it off and hopefully you'll wake up feeling better.