PDA

View Full Version : Is this a panic attack?

Bonnibelle
20-12-12, 07:15
I used to suffer panic attacks many years ago but I can't remember how I felt. In the last two months I've started with social anxiety and stress due to a trauma within my family. I've suffered anxiety lost of my life, where I suddenly get light headed, shaky etc but this is different.

I can't seem to feel relaxed at the moment and last night I felt tense like the muscles down my throat were tight, in my legs and head too. I can't stop twitching my toes and if I do I notice my arms and legs feel so weak and like panic is rushing around me, it feels like I can't relax at all. Then I woke at 3 with a tension headache, these tense feelings again and head rushes:((( I then panic and my ears ring with pressure which makes me panic even more.

I feel like I'm losing the plot:(( is this panic? I'm scared its not and I'm ill or the anxiety is causing something awful in my head:(((((

My gp has given me meds but I'm too scared to start before Christmas:(((

BobbyDog
20-12-12, 07:21
I can relate to these symptoms. Try not to worry too much, difficult when you are anxious all the time though. I think your doctor is right in saying that you are suffering from anxiety, hopefully after a few weeks of taking your medication you will start to feel a little better.
Not a good time of year to feel like this is it?
All the best.

Bonnibelle
20-12-12, 07:55
No it's awful, I've children and I can't be like this:((

Do you think it's panic symptoms I'm having? I think in scared its not:(((

Annie0904
20-12-12, 09:30
I am sure it is panic symptoms, I feel much the same :hugs:

Bonnibelle
20-12-12, 12:29
Isn't nice is it ((hugs)) xx