PDA

View Full Version : Don't know whether or not I took my Citilopram today

willous1
20-12-12, 07:17
Hi everyone, another day another panic. I was in a bit of a rush this morning and for the life of me cannot remember of I took my 40mg citilopram or not. I'm only 28 forgod sake and now I'm thinking about Alzheimer's again. What will happen if I take another one and why is this happening. Whenever I ease of my worries something always happens

Trent1481
20-12-12, 07:26
i would just wait till tomorrow to take it. nothing bad will happen if you miss one day. Call you Dr. If your really concern.

Pipkin
20-12-12, 07:35
I've deleted your duplicate thread and moved this one to the Citalopram forum with a redirect from the Health Anxiety forum. This way, members can answer you on one thread not two which gets confusing.

Pip

willous1
20-12-12, 07:41
Thanks pip. Does anyone else forget. I'm in so much panic now. Thanks for advice trent.

Pipkin
20-12-12, 07:45
I can't really advise but I don't think missing one dose is a big deal. However, if you're really worrying about it, I'd ring NHS direct and ask for their advice.

If you think it might happen again, you could use a medicine box with days marked on it. I know I would have done this a few times if my meds didn't have the days written on the blister pack.

Take care

Pip

willous1
20-12-12, 08:05
Do you think it could be Alzheimer's

---------- Post added at 08:05 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

I've made myself sick. It's so silly. Had this Alzheimer's fear months ago and this has really triggered it.

Trent1481
20-12-12, 08:10
no way..because a lot of the time when we do something daily, we don't even think about it..so if we forget to do it..or even think we forgot..its hard to remember...theres times where i forget to brush my teeth, because i cant remember if i did. but if your really worried about that, do brain puzzles everyday...studies show that can reduce the risk of that

---------- Post added at 03:10 ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 ----------

you have a better chance of getting bitten by a shark in your own house..then getting alzheimer's at 28

willous1
20-12-12, 11:05
Thanks Trent. I will be fine tomorrow I hope but it's ruined my day today. At work and feel so down and anxious.

---------- Post added at 11:05 ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 ----------

Could I take one tonight then take them at night from now on as this was what I was going to do. Then would it matter too much if I did or didnt take them this morning? Hope that makes sense.

Ingenious
20-12-12, 11:48
I was frequently forgetting whether I took mine - you get into autopilot in your routine and it's easy to forget. Get a pill box with the days on them as Pip suggests, there are loads on Ebay (or go to your local chemists). It makes it so much easier and takes all the worry away.

willous1
20-12-12, 13:40
Thank you, will do that. Does anyone know if I can take my tablet tonight then continue at night.

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

I'm feeling really dizzy now so thinking I did not take it, so i may just take it tonight and then carry it on noghtly. That way IF i did take it this morning surely it will not affect me too much??

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

Anyone please help. Feeling dizzy and only do when miss tablet. Please can someone answer above question.

Sparkle1984
20-12-12, 13:49
Can you count the number of tablets you have left in the box, then you should be able to work out if you took one today or not. I always get 28 in a box and they always run out on a Thursday every 4 weeks.

---------- Post added at 13:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

It's definitely not alzheimers, everyone forgets things from time to time - it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you.

willous1
20-12-12, 16:36
No because I just take them out randomly out of the different boxes. I need to start doing it that way. Just may take one tonight as easier to take as not as rushed as in morning. But just need to know if going to harm me if i took one this morning then take one tonight. As im feeling so shaky i dont think i took one this morning.

Thanks for reply as well sparkle

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

I feel so dizzy now maybe I should rake one

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

Can anyone help.

Trent1481
20-12-12, 19:52
yes you can take it tonight....it will be fine.

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 ----------

yeah you can take it tonight...im not a DR. so i cant really give you advise. I would call your Dr. and tell him/her whats up. Don't stress over this its not a big deal. If you miss a day you will be fine..if you start taking them at night...you will be fine !

willous1
20-12-12, 20:37
Taking one tonight but still dizzy. So scared

Trent1481
20-12-12, 22:03
Most likely the dizzy feeling, is the anxiety...and if its the medicine that is making you dizzy then it will pass over time...don't be scared every little thing is alright

willous1
20-12-12, 22:21
Thank you so so much Trent. Just worried that as I'm so used to taking them in morning that I've messed things up and gonna be dizzy during days now as taking them so long before. But really want to see. Taken some diazepam so will try and sleep soon.

willous1
21-12-12, 12:57
Hi everyone- took one last night. Still feel dizzy. Could it be that it may take a couple of days for body to get used to taking it at night?

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Or should i just take it now at 13.00 and carry on with mornings?