PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my son

lmp
20-12-12, 11:00
Hi everyone

I was wondering, does anyone else focus their panic on someone else? I panic that there is something wrong with me, but I also panic that there is something wrong with my five year old son. I know rationally that there isn't, but I can't help it.

For instance, yesterday my son got hit in the head with. Toy car by his cousin. He was fine, and he was chatting and behaving normally, but on our drive home he complained that his head hurt and then he fell asleep. I just lost it, and had three panic attacks, one in the middle of the night. I got up and checked on him about ten times and was so worried, even though I know that had I taken him to a doctor they would have said he was fine.

The upshot was I got no sleep, and that combined with the stress has now worn me out, making work very difficult today. Now I'm tired I'm having stress about myself. I guess one thing I have learned is that my panic is much worse when I'm tired, so I can try and stay on top of that.

He was very ill as a baby, although nothing permanently debilitating, and we constantly have small disasters happening one after the other, so I'm aware of why I'm in a constant state of hyper vigilance but its so hard to get on top of all this.

Does anyone else deal with this? Or have any advice?

Thanks
Lisa

panickyme
20-12-12, 11:50
Awww your such a good mother. :) I do the same thing, my children are all grown, my baby is 16, and I still let anxiety get the best of me, with all of them.( we just love them so much) Anxiety is such a cruel thing, and yes I totally agree it makes us worry about the ones we love so much. I also get worse when I am tired. Try to get some rest, our children are stronger then we think. Hope you feel better. :hugs:

Annie0904
20-12-12, 11:57
I am the same and my youngest is 22. I am a first Aider at work and can cope with any accidents that other children have but go to pieces when it is my own! I think it is just a natural thing for any caring Mum. x