PDA

View Full Version : are theses panic/anxiety symptoms or am i finally going mad?

dreena
20-12-12, 11:10
iv been really anxious over aches and pains the last month or two, iv suffered on and off with anxiety for many years. but today i woke up with new symptoms, im refusing to google, so thought id ask on here. all my aches and pains have gone now but still anxious. woke up very anxious and panicky today. every so often i feel like i have pressure in my ears and head and off balance. had a panic attack this morning aswel. still have 3 hrs til my husbands home and am here alone with my 3 kids and trying not to panic but its hard :( evey so often im getting a twinge between my back and chest. feels like a pulled muscle. just want it all to go away, but mostly worried bout the heady feeling :( x x

lmp
20-12-12, 11:40
I feel like that, can you distract yourself somehow? Play with the kids or go for a walk or something?

serendipity_x
20-12-12, 15:34
Try reading a book, that'll give your eyes a rest from the strain of the tv and computer and give them something to focus on, that usually helps my balance.

Ditapage
22-12-12, 08:01
I get the head pressure. I've only dealt better with it through time. The key is distraction. Honestly, the more you think about it, the more it will feel terrible. Find something to completely absorb yourself in and redirect the thought to "Oh here's that I'm gonna die story again, thanks for that, stupid brain."

Deep breathing helps with head pressure, too. And acknowledge the feeling: "Ok I have some head pressure, it feels awful, but it'll pass." It stops the brain from immediately jumping to every catastrophic conclusion.

paul10571
22-12-12, 15:52
and your not going mad :>)