PDA

View Full Version : Amoxicilin

peter34uk
20-12-12, 15:07
Hi all,

Was prescribed 250mg of Amoxicilin last week to take 3 times a day. But I only took it 2 * daily and yesterday I took it the once as well.

Silly I know but I didnt want to take it after 8 pm as was worried about its side affects when im asleep!

But my chest infection isnt clearing that fast so I think maybe i should do the 3* daily like i was supposed to in first place.

My question is will i cause myself harm by now taking them 3* daily when ive been taking them 2* daily.

Also I was told to take every 6-8 hours. But i thought u could take them every 4 hours?

Colin44
20-12-12, 15:09
I was on 500mg 3 x a day for an ear infection, chances are you've had the stuff when you were a child and had no reaction to it.

I would say if you are also taking pain relief, stagger the tablet intake as I felt a bit woosy when I took everything at the same time.

Liziik
20-12-12, 15:26
I am currently taking 500mg 3 times daily I know your fear but I don't think think they will help if you don't take the correct dosage, I'm not sure about the dosage thing maybe ask a pharmacist they will help you :) xx

Colin44
20-12-12, 15:32
I am currently taking 500mg 3 times daily I know your fear but I don't think think they will help if you don't take the correct dosage, I'm not sure about the dosage thing maybe ask a pharmacist they will help you :) xx

I stopped my tabs 4 days in as I was crapping like mad, gave me a ticky tummy. Still killed the infection off mind.