PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat, can it be caused by anxiety, pls help

reddevil
25-08-06, 10:07
Fellow sufferers, I'm suffering yet again..!

I have searched and looked in the forums for anything related to the throat, which could be caused by anxiety.
All I tend to find is the lump feeling and not many threads relating to a sore throat feeling.

My problem is that the throat feels sore at times, different times of the day and feels like a cold is brewing.
I have had this feeling for some while, especially since my anxiety has been doing overtime regarding mouth ulcers.

If I eat or suck on a sweet then the feeling goes and if I have a few pints in the evening, I think it also goes a little.

Does anybody have information on if anxiety can cause the throat to feel sore at times or any reassurance, which they
could pass over to me.

When I went to the doctor last week about my ulcers, he did look at the throat for some reason, surely he would of said something if there
was anything on concern.

Just got back from my assesment at the NHS anxietyt clinic, find out next Wednesday if they can help me.

carly123
25-08-06, 10:59
This is goin to be short and sweet cos its all I can offer you I'm afraid, but maybe its the 'few pints' that is causing the sore throat? Or you may be sensitive to something you're eating? As its not continuous I don't think you should worry too much,

Carlyxx

hunny
25-08-06, 11:03
Hiya
You sound a little run down to me

I also get sore throats and sometimes a fluey feeling,which comes and goes

The fact that its not there all the time is something you shpould feel reassured by

Your throat is an area which can be affected very easily by anxiety,not just the lump feeling.
You are ok,really
Hunny x

net
25-08-06, 17:46
i have the same when i'm anxious my throat is sore and my sinuses get painful

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

Insomniac
25-08-06, 22:38
Hiya.

I get a sore throat too. of course I always think its something far worse, but it goes away again. You say yours is better if you suck a sweet or have a couple of drinks. Maybe that means the drink relaxes you so the anxiety is temporarily reduced. Also your doctor would certainly have mentioned if anything was wrong.

Also now I'm on meds they can cause a dry mouth which would lead to a sore throat too. You're not alone reddevil. :)

Lisa.

nomorepanic
25-08-06, 23:12
I have sore throats all the time and not sure they are anxiety related.

The last one I had was a rare one apparently and had to have antibitoics for it.

Do you smoke atall cos that can aggrevate it?

Nicola

reddevil
25-08-06, 23:25
No, I dont smoke.

The soreness is 3/10, which is bareable.

nomorepanic
25-08-06, 23:29
Ok - mine were unbearable - really bad ones and had to have swabs done cos they were rare apparently.

Hopefully it will go soon then

Nicola

reddevil
26-08-06, 15:19
Today my mouth feels different, I worried ulcers are forming everywhere and in my throat.

I have been trying to talk myself into thinking it's anxiety but mind of matter is powerfull.

Mouth feels sore in places, tried looking in my anxiety books and all it mentions is hard to swallow and dry mouth.

time out
26-08-06, 19:39
hi there
mind over mater is powerful yes

however you can use this knowledge to change your mind's thinking
ie try to change your thinking around your throat ulcers etc
all doom and gloom this is feeding your anxiety whic inturn feeds the feelings of sore throat perhaps as i do not see you

when individuals experience increased levels of enxiety their symptoms also increase
see this thinking around sore throats as a symptom

just a thought another symptom of increased anxiety is lowered imune system ie sore throats and colds feeling low in energy
again perhaps as i do not know you that well

go for a possitive approach stop feeding your anxiety try it you never know it may work for you as i know it works for many many others
who overcome and learn to manage thier levels of enxiety

long i know but hope it helps
www.needtimeout.co.uk

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote"></td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

stress management nurse therapist hypnotherapy councelling relaxation holistic indian head massage aromatherapy face neck shoulder massage hand made soaps

reddevil
27-08-06, 15:50
Having a terrible day today, all I can think about it my mouth and throat.

The throat has felt like 3/10 all day, not as bad as when you have a cold but it feels strange. My mouth is also tingaling everywhere.

I have looked in my anxiety books and all it says it tightness in throat and finding it difficult to swallow.

Does sore throat come under tightness catagory?

gabes
28-08-06, 04:10
Hi. I have suffered with all kinds of throat ailments for years. It was very scary. Have you seen an ENT? I did recently and was diagnosed with LPRD. Sounds scary but its not! Larango-Pharangeal Reflux disease. Acid jumps up your esophogus and burns your voicebox and other structures in the area. Prevacid 1x per day, expensive, but it works. PS my insurance wont pay for it.

I feel for you. I was convinced i had some deadly disease. Since then I've diagnosed myself with a variety of other "diseases". Its exhausting......

reddevil
30-08-06, 16:40
Hi,

Today the throat has been at its worse.

I should go back to the doctors but I would be embarrased as I went the other day incase they say the same thing.

Red