PDA

View Full Version : healing my anxiety

bergertime
20-12-12, 16:39
I debated posting this, but when I first came to this site several years ago it was such a source of strength, I had promised myself if I every got an answer I would post it here. Well the source of my anxiety turned out to pulmonary embolisms. Here's a quick run down. Late 20's and early 30's I began to have symptoms of anxiety. they would come and go. My first big one was at 32, it began my downward trend into GAD and agoraphobia. I started taking my blood sugar, I kept a health diary.....I knew something was wrong, It's just all my symptoms were so vague. You guys know. I made several trips to the ER and of course I was always fine. My wife thought I was losing my mind, I did too. I'm 42 now, but two years ago, I had a bigger one, I was off two weeks from work, I couldn't even get myself to drive. Finally I started the meds, omg I think they made things worse, I tried CBT, it helped some. The bottom line for me was I didn't feel right period. Last month I had a massive embolism, I had been on a steroid, which made the whole think break lose instead of just smaller pieces, that's the reason it was so large. Long story short, my pulmonoligist thinks I've been throwing clots for a while, they just haven't been bad enough to suspect it. I've tested positive for the genetic factors so I will more than likely be on thinners for life. I have none of the risk factors. My dads in his 80's, my mom is in her 70's, I have 7 older bothers and sisters who all smoke and none of them have ever had a problem. I'm by far the healthest person in my family. The part that sucks the most about the whole damn thing, is it's like I'm starting the recovery again for the first time. Is my chest tight from anxiety or the PE's. Why is my heart racing again!? Anyway, clotting disorders as I have found out can be very common and cause some really wacky problems. My doctor told me if I hadn't been on that steroid and thrown that large clot, this could have gone on for years. Anyway, I know my path now.....control my clotting which should help with the symptoms which will help with the anxiety. Being tested for clotting disorders is simply and cheap. Thanks and good luck to everyone