PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with your work place when you suffer for HA

hartleysjam
20-12-12, 17:50
I have been better with sick days this year and fortunately they've never created a fuss. Yet. I don't know whether to be honest with my work about my health anxiety or keep my mouth shut in case they think I'm faking it when I do feel rough? What do you do?

Annie0904
20-12-12, 17:59
If you are off sick and have anxiety/stress on your sick note then they usually do a stress management plan to help you.

robin321
20-12-12, 18:09
I would keep my mouth shut. It is none of their business.

Iced_diamond
20-12-12, 18:24
Hi, I am in the exact same boat as you, as I suffer from quite bad HA, yet my place of work has no idea. Admittedly I only take days off when I am genuinely ill, but I do sometimes work myself up a bit at work and start getting into a panic. I just leave the room and try to calm myself down a bit. Sometimes I wonder whether to be honest with my employer, because this may also help me, when it comes to social do's which I don't like to attend due to having problems eating food others have prepared etc. However, I think it's only really necessary to tell your employer unless your HA is so bad that you literally can't go to work. Mine has luckily never been that bad-in fact at times work takes my mind off my anxieties, because I am busy doing something else. Or maybe of you have an off day where you feel your anxieties are at a high and you need to stay home, you could always just fake a cold or something like that! Good luck to you and have a merry christmas and happy new year! :)