PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal with the eyes? PLEASE HELP.

twinflame94
20-12-12, 21:20
I know I already asked, but I have a pic.. Does this happen with anxiety, especially after having it for three weeks?

http: //i49. tinypic.com/28k6o92 .jpg [remove spaces]

My left eye is smaller than my right, yet everyone is saying how it looks normal. BUT IT DOESN'T. Please help, because this is freaking me out.

serendipity_x
20-12-12, 21:25
It gives your face character, quite a few people have eyes like that I've noticed. It's fine.

twinflame94
20-12-12, 21:29
I'm sorry, but that really does not help me out at all. Does your eye get smaller when you have on and off anxiety attacks for more than three weeks? That's my question.

PanchoGoz
20-12-12, 21:35
It should have done. She was saying that you may have eyes like that anyway, in which case, nothing to worry about. I've not heard evidence of anxiety changing your eye size, but perhaps it does. It can cause a lot of symptoms.

twinflame94
20-12-12, 21:37
My eyes weren't like this before though, that's why I'm asking.. Could it be related to something else though? :L

PanchoGoz
20-12-12, 21:39
How do you know they weren't? Are you sure you aren't just paying more attention to it than before? A bit like having a spot you didn't know was there, then once you catch it on something, you can't stop touching it!

twinflame94
20-12-12, 21:52
I take so many pictures and I went back to some old ones and my eyes were not like that until I started getting panic attacks..

Ziggy455
20-12-12, 21:57
If one eye was larger than the other in a serious way, your eye would swell up. You're fine. :) You have perfectly fine eyes. :shades:

PanchoGoz
20-12-12, 21:57
It may be because you are straining your eyes and one of them is a little more closed than the other. Might be worth getting the opinion of your optician as I'm no expert on eyes, however I don't think panic attacks can completely alter your appearence in that way. What help if any are you getting for your panic attacks, just out of interest?

S.dee
20-12-12, 22:02
I think personally you are just focussing on something which is nothing and making it something, i can relate to it because i done it about a lump i had above my temple. Which i was so convinced there was something wrong with, went to my doctor and just felt stupid. It was nothing, still is nothing. When we are anxious we pick out things that we wouldnt of noticed before and i done the exact same i went through pictures luking for this 'lump' it wasnt there so i panicked a little more. You need to learn to relax, No its not easy i know, But if its not your eyes, tomorow or next week will be something els. Its a fact. X

serendipity_x
20-12-12, 22:08
Sorry I didn't mean to offend you. No one has a perfectly symmetrical face anyway, I didn't notice till I was 16 that one of my ears is a lot bigger than the others. I'll take a picture if you like to prove it.

twinflame94
20-12-12, 22:17
I don't have insurance until the first so I can go see a doctor, so I'm stuck in a rut for a bit. :/

& my eyes have been hurting, because I've had the headaches, but my left eye just seems funny, especially my eye lid and under my eye..

serendipity_x
20-12-12, 22:19
you could have a stye under the eyeball or something, have you pulled the lid down?

twinflame94
20-12-12, 22:20
Sorry I didn't mean to offend you. No one has a perfectly symmetrical face anyway, I didn't notice till I was 16 that one of my ears is a lot bigger than the others. I'll take a picture if you like to prove it.

Don't apologize.. I'm just very emotional right now and a tad annoyed from earlier, so I apologize if I seem snappy. And you could if you like, but I really believe if my eyes looked different, I would have noticed it before, ya know? Just because I take so many pics and I'm always looking into a mirror.

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:20 ----------

& what is a stye? Is that a bad thing? x:

serendipity_x
20-12-12, 22:26
it's a bit of an infection http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stye

i just took a really high res pic of my ear and i'm sure you don't wanna see it. :ohmy: