PDA

View Full Version : Newly acquired health anxiety :(

on_one
20-12-12, 22:13
Hi all,

I have up until late been a healthy person, with no history of any depression or anxiety. That is until I recently got some strange urological symptoms, the causes of which are numerous.

I started to look at the symptoms online then panic, fear and anxiety set in. Sleepless nights, night sweats, loss of appetite, diarreah. I practically convinced myself I was dying. My mood was terrible, I shut myself away from family and friends, I couldn't concentrate at work.

I have been really shocked by my behaviour. I feel exhausted by it all and down that I let myself get so worked up.

I keep checking for new symptoms, but I don't even know what I am checking for! The Drs have run tests/bloods. etc and found nothing which provides a short lived reassurance then the doubt starts creeping back in.

I know logically that it is probably nothing, but for the first time ever I am feeling the affects of anxiety :wacko:

Liziik
21-12-12, 10:00
Hi on_one
im sorry you have recently developed anxiety and health anxiety, but on here your talking to people going through exactly the same thing! and your symptoms you describe are typical of anxiety. you must refrain from googling though googling will always come up with the worst possible scenario sending us into a blind panic! Visit your gp to talk about you anxiety there are a lot of ways they can help. And dont worry i am the worse body checker! constantly checking for symptoms its a nightmare and destroys my life and my loved ones, all they want to do is help me but i just feel they dont understand and i shut them out! if you need anyone to talk to dont hesitate to pm me :) i and 24 and have had anxiety since i was 15 :( xx

Colin44
21-12-12, 10:09
And thats how it starts!

I feel for you, wouldn't wish this on anyone but you can deal with it and you can control it. At the beginning its worth noting if you can notice this is what you hare suffering from you have a chance to control it.

I spent years wondering what was wrong with me until a doctor finally noticed what was going on.

on_one
22-12-12, 05:32
Just woke up (5.15am) drenched in sweat and stomach gurgling like a washing machine.

Logically, I know this is anxiety - but now running through all the illnesses which give you nightsweats even though I have been screened for them